OT: NCAA Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Tennessee just doesn't realize that they're not what they used to be. They'll never be good as long as Bama, Georgia, and Clemson are all top 10 programs. They better hope the Nashville metro area continues to grow so they'll at least have an in-state recruiting base.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Interesting call to stick around. Hoping to elevate to a higher first round pick projection for 2022?

Probably. Tough to say as NFL & media draft are a bit different but seems like he’s in that end of the first round range.

Not saying he’ll have a similar trajectory but perhaps seeing Smith come back when he was in a similar position the previous season puts that thought out there.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Probably. Tough to say as NFL & media draft are a bit different but seems like he’s in that end of the first round range.

Not saying he’ll have a similar trajectory but perhaps seeing Smith come back when he was in a similar position the previous season puts that thought out there.

Also the thought that he won't have Chase, Smith and Waddle in next year's draft. I wonder how this effects Toney's draft spot.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Tennessee has been a dumpster fire for so long now this stuff is just expected.

They apparently fired Pruitt with cause for recruiting violations so they won’t owe him buyout money. Not sure if that holds up or not in the long run.

Not too surprising but Pruitt lawyered up & is going to fight the firing with cause levied against him by Tennessee.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Tennessee's termination letter to Pruitt... brutal. That whole situation is going to burn Tennessee and Pruitt to the ground. They wanted to make sure no one in the SEC could touch him for a while, and that they won't have to pay a dime.

Edit: Beaten to it by LOD.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Tennessee’s administration is so damn incompetent I could see Pruitt winning here.

They’re doing all this to likely turn around & hire clown like Kevin Steele or some shit. :laugh:
He's definitely going to win on some level. The school already looks like shit for leaking the termination letter and trying to lay all the blame at his feet. You're not going to fool anyone for a second into believing that fat Phil didn't have his hands all over the alleged recruiting violations.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The damage Scott did to that conference in football is pretty impressive. They were picking off schools from the Big 12 & looking to be in the conversation with the SEC & Big Ten earlier this decade to maybe being behind ACC & Big 12 now too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's hilarious for all the haters, who I am sure are also glad that f***ing Cansuckme continues to slide out of trouble on the grease that Calipari oozes, the c***.

I still laugh that case just fell into the FBI’s lap & showed right up to the NCAA’s doorstep.

Did they just pick Louisville to be the sacrificial lamb of that whole thing & just packed it up after that? :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I still laugh that case just fell into the FBI’s lap & showed right up to the NCAA’s doorstep.

Did they just pick Louisville to be the sacrificial lamb of that whole thing & just packed it up after that? :laugh:

I don't know, but could you possibly blame me for taking that personally? It's the kind of thing that keeps happening in one way or another. There is a reason this massive vat of spite will never be empty.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The NCAA has placed Notre Dame football on probation....how convenient with the timing
Can’t believe that the powers that be at ND are pleased with this. I am not a Touchdown Jesus fan at all but since the Lou Holtz experience they have tried to run a clean upright program. There probably will be a sit down with Kelley, Swarbrick and Father Jenkins to discuss how things came to this point and how it will not happen again or heads will roll. Kelley has to know that his job is one of the best ones on the planet and take the proper steps to safeguard the integrity of the University.

Last edited:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Can’t believe that the powers that be at ND are pleased with this. I am not a Touchdown Jesus fan at all but since the Lou Holtz experience they have tried to run a clean upright program. There probably be a sit down with Kelley, Swarbrick and Father Jenkins to discuss how things came to this point and how it will not happen again or heads will roll. Kelley has to know that his job is one of the best ones on the planet and take the proper steps to safeguard the integrity of the University.

According to the negotiated resolution, the assistant coach had impermissible contact with a player at his high school in Seattle on Jan. 15, 2019, which was before July 1 after his junior year. The assistant met with the prospect privately and discussed Notre Dame's interest in recruiting him, the value of the university's education and its defensive schemes.
The assistant coach also sent 10 impermissible text messages to a 2021 recruit before it was allowed under NCAA rules. The NCAA said the coach mistakenly believed the prospect was part of the 2020 class.
The assistant coach, who was fired in January 2020, was given a six-month show cause through July 20 by the NCAA.

The NCAA found that Kelly also had impermissible off-campus contact with a prospect in October 2019 when the player recognized the Irish head coach walking through a high school cafeteria in Pickerington, Ohio, and asked him to take a photo. The NCAA said Kelly initially declined before ultimately allowing the photo.

Got no problems seeing ND knocked off their high horse, but wow. If that stuff constitutes a 1 year probation with some penalties to recruiting then some other schools should be getting the death penalty.

Reactions: renberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad