NCAA thread v6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Their '20 recruiting class is hilarious. Amazing how hard they have fallen. Pretty sure Leinart said none of CA's top 25 recruits committed to USC.
Its beyond sad. Former Trojan great Ron Yary's son, Jack, a top TE recruit de-committed from SC and looks to be going elsewhere.
Helton should have been fired but the buyout cost was considered to be too high. It could be that the Trojans were afraid that Harrell, the OC, would leave with a coaching change and wherever he went, Slovis would go as well.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Their '20 recruiting class is hilarious. Amazing how hard they have fallen. Pretty sure Leinart said none of CA's top 25 recruits committed to USC.

Yeah kinda hard to recruit when your job security has been heavily speculated in the media the last two years.

Like said above they apparently had a $20M+ buyout number on Helton. So they were in a lose/lose situation. I don’t think they wanted to spend all that money to make a change for the sake of making a change.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Yeah kinda hard to recruit when your job security has been heavily speculated in the media the last two years.

Like said above they apparently had a $20M+ buyout number on Helton. So they were in a lose/lose situation. I don’t think they wanted to spend all that money to make a change for the sake of making a change.
From what I’ve heard, the boosters would have put up the money but other interests weren’t interested in doing that and then having to pay again for a top level coach.
Helton should have let Pendergast go years ago. How they can’t find a kicker who could put the ball through the end zone on kick offs is mystifying. That would have taken care of a lot of their special teams problems. Just a lot of incompetence in the SC program top to bottom.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Why is penn state passing the ball at all? They're getting at least 5 yards every time they run the ball. They can't be stopped. The only reason they've stalled is because they insist on passing the ball with a mediocre QB...

Reactions: Yukon Cornelius

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Why is penn state passing the ball at all? They're getting at least 5 yards every time they run the ball. They can't be stopped. The only reason they've stalled is because they insist on passing the ball with a mediocre QB...
Coaches outsmart themselves. Happens all the time. I can't figure out why they are trying to pass either. If the other team can't stop the run, keep running. It ain't rocket surgery. If they feel like they need to pass, run some screens.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The old man run the ball crowd must have a woody with this rushing attack today by Penn State. :laugh:

Love Noah Cain as a fourth quarter RB. That kid just picks up tough yards.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Man that’s a shame. RIP.

I would say tough time with the holidays & the playoff but there really isn’t a “better” time to lose child especially under those circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad