NCAA Prospects

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Does anyone know if NHL drafted NCAA prospects lose their amature status if they attend an NHL training camp?

I am probably going to attend both the Canucks prospects camp in Burnaby and the pro camp in Vernon this year and I am wondering if our top NCAA prospects such as Cory Schneider or Mason Raymond are eligible to be there.

Last edited:

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
They have pay their own way I think what he means is the top NCAA prospects usually don't go to theses camps unless they are going to turn pro. They rarely go back to college.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
A fair amout go to these camps. Irmen last year and Wheeler this year both went to their teams camps from the gophers. But yeah not very many. The ones that do and pat their own way usually come back. Why waste the money if you are just going to be signed.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
A fair amout go to these camps. Irmen last year and Wheeler this year both went to their teams camps from the gophers. But yeah not very many. The ones that do and pat their own way usually come back. Why waste the money if you are just going to be signed.

well the team will surely reimburse the player in that senario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad