Player Discussion NCAA Prospects

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
+ Veronneau = 49
+ Daccord = 50

So yes, as Sens Mile said:

We would not be able to sign anyone else to a contract starting in 2018-2019 unless we trade one of our current contracts. Remember, we can still make trades, they just cant play in the playoffs. So maybe we trade Beaudin for 'future considerations' or something like that if we have the opportunity to sign someone else.

I just looked at the top 11 teams and think we can swing something. Swap 7's with a team to send a contract to the other team and we still house the player- something like that

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Taro Hirose signed with Detroit.

Veronneau and Hirose were basically the only two legit NCAA free wallet forwards with any real upside. Sturm too, but he's going to be a one-trick pony shutdown guy on a 4th line somewhere.

As soon as Schuldt signs (probably with either Vegas or Montreal), then that closes the books on the tier-1 guys this season. Everyone else from the collegiate ranks have significant warts, are projects, long-shot gambles, or outright minor league filler.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
There s another one to keep an eye on, Nico Sturm was the top prospect listed by TSN most recently on NCAA free agents and he attended Ottawa camp last year, we may have a shot.

If Dorion does not bring on atleast one high level NCAA free agent ill be highly disappointed.

I am highly disappointed in Dorion, period! It is well past the time for a GM change. Too many coaches have been fired in a Ottawa over the past 10 or so years. Dorion’s performance as GM is terrible.

Reactions: RaMai

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I am highly disappointed in Dorion, period! It is well past the time for a GM change. Too many coaches have been fired in a Ottawa over the past 10 or so years. Dorion’s performance as GM is terrible.

Dorion hasn't been GM for the past 10 or so years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->