NCAA loses $375m after cancelling championships

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Reactions: Devonator

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Paywall. Vote coming monday for D1 schools.

Will schools allow student athletes to return on full scholarship, or only partial support? How will schools be able to financially do this with NCAA payout cut?

What about other seniors who didn't get their spring activities in? Like musicians and concerts. If giving athletes theirs, but not others, is that fair?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
NCAA just determined that senior winter sports athletes will not be eligible for redshirt eligibility due to Covid implications. Shows how POS the NCAA is.

Reactions: Morrison

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
I respect disagreements and civil arguments about things. But the more we talk about NCAA matters on this site, the more I feel like it's pointless because you guys have zero insight into what you're talking about.

The NCAA is flawed, because it has no power over its members. Every ounce of "corruption" is the distasteful greed of the "Power 5" who are a greedy cartel. The other 27 conferences fight them every day, and are relegated to table scraps. It annoys me to no end.

Just auto-replace everything you say about "The NCAA" with "BCS" and you're not wrong. But when you act like everyone in the NCAA is rich because they exploit student-athletes, you sound like an idiot. It's a joke. It's laughable. The NCAA is more than the Top 25 and the first round draft picks. A LOT MORE.

You want to boil it down to who's corrupt, who's good, who's evil....

SEC, Big Ten, Big XII...
ACC, Pac-12...
Big East....
other FBS football conferences.....
.......................everyone else in Division I..
........Other divisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->