Dec 14, 2015
Durm
UVA won the title!

giphy.gif

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I grew up in VA about 45 minutes from Charlottesville. You were either a Wahoo fan or a Hokie fan and there was no in between. I, of course, became a UVA fan only to witness multiple decades of sports futility....football until George Welsh got there was abysmal. Cavalier basketball over-achieved some (except when they had Ralph), but was also notoriously mediocre. Even baseball, which has been a strong program recently, wasn't much back in the day.

So watching Tony Bennett and his team win was something special for many a long suffering fan.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I have divided all the D1 schools in NC into tiers

Tier I - ACC
Duke, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Wake Forest

Tier II - Group of 5
Appalachian State, Charlotte, East Carolina

Tier III - FCS
Campbell, Davidson, Gardner–Webb, Elon, North Carolina A&T, North Carolina Central, Western Carolina

Tier IV - Non-Football
High Point, UNC Asheville, UNC Greensboro, UNC Wilmington

Reactions: HisIceness

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Props to them for having the balls to play UNC-Greensboro in Greensboro. UNCG is pretty good for a smaller school.

Hey, Wofford walked into Old Carmichael and gave Carolina the absolute business, and SFA walked into Cameron and gave Duke the absolute business.

Sorry, but there are no gimmes in college basketball. That win against UNCG is a good win against a likely tournament team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad