College Hockey NCAA Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I meant to start this thread a couple of weeks ago when the season started ramping up.

Some interesting developments so far. My alma mater UMass in the Top 10 (9) before they beat #4 PRO last night 3-2. They have a fast, tenacious, skilled team and their D is very strong with Top 5 Avs Pick Makar and Jackets 2nd rounder Ferraro. They look legit.

And how about newbie D1 program Arizona State (3/4 years?) taking out a Top 10 OSU team?

On the other hand, traditional powers BU, BC and UNH off to tough starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yes great game last night better than the crap I had on the other TV. As a PC fan its nice to see a bunch of our games will be on NBCSN NE or whatever its called that shows the Celtics. Looking forward to the rematch tomorrow.

Our 1st round pick Jay OBrien #19 to the Flyers from Hingham doesn't look so good though all he did last night was get completely cleaned the F out by a Umass player that was a great hit though.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I meant to start this thread a couple of weeks ago when the season started ramping up.

Some interesting developments so far. My alma mater UMass in the Top 10 (9) before they beat #4 PRO last night 3-2. They have a fast, tenacious, skilled team and their D is very strong with Top 5 Avs Pick Makar and Jackets 2nd rounder Ferraro. They look legit.

And how about newbie D1 program Arizona State (3/4 years?) taking out a Top 10 OSU team?

On the other hand, traditional powers BU, BC and UNH off to tough starts.

I love the NCAA. And people always refer me to as "just an OHL guy" :laugh:

In our SIM I was able to snag Jimmy Schuldt, Alec Rauhauser and Jacob Bryson where I did because no one was giving them a second look :D

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Watching the Friendship Four tournament in Belfast, Northern Ireland on NESN today. Wonder if @IrishBruinsFan is attending?

First game is Union College vs Yale. Union is up 1-0, 15 minutes left in the second.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Potential interesting situation going on the Isles first rounder Oliver Wahlstrom and BC. He's a freshman at BC this year, but is off to a tough start and there's been rumors he's considering leaving school to go back and play in USHL with Tri-City.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Watching the Friendship Four tournament in Belfast, Northern Ireland on NESN today. Wonder if @IrishBruinsFan is attending?

First game is Union College vs Yale. Union is up 1-0, 15 minutes left in the second.

Opposite end of the country to me unfortunately (about 4 hour drive). Pretty cool that Belfast gets to hold that though. That's the same arena that the Bruins played in when they traveled over in 2010 I believe to play the Belfast Giants. That was long before I became aware of hockey though. If the Bruins ever make the trip over again I'll be making that drive 100%.

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
46522646_10216538997080129_6155786620298592256_n.jpg

The ads are brutal

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Bump.

For those of you posting in the NCAA 2017-18 thread, there is this one (18-19).

Hey, UMass (Amherst) is 3rd in the nation!!

My son has high school practice today from 3-5pm at the Mullins Center Practice facility (next to the main arena). They are going to have pizza and chalk talk after, then watch the UMass Club team play Keene State at 7pm (we have some team connections to both). The D1 team is facing UConn at 7:30pm (on NESN Plus). I am hoping we can sneak over after the Club game and catch the 3rd period :DD

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Potential interesting situation going on the Isles first rounder Oliver Wahlstrom and BC. He's a freshman at BC this year, but is off to a tough start and there's been rumors he's considering leaving school to go back and play in USHL with Tri-City.

Disclaimer: I have not liked Wahlstrom since he pulled that move in Mini-1-on-1 back in the day. Thought it was a bush move on an obviously overmatched goalie.

Anyway...didn't he commit to something like three schools (UNH, Harvard, BC)?? This doesn't surprise me at all.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Disclaimer: I have not liked Wahlstrom since he pulled that move in Mini-1-on-1 back in the day. Thought it was a bush move on an obviously overmatched goalie.

Anyway...didn't he commit to something like three schools (UNH, Harvard, BC)?? This doesn't surprise me at all.
Happens all the time,PC just picked up a BC kid who's with the NTDP and whom the Bruins will draft in the 5th round:nod:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
UMass downs Hockey East rival UConn Saturday night and gets an early Christmas present under the tree a about an hour ago.

They edge out St Cloud for the #1 ranking in the country.

Carvel has done a fantastic job turning the program around in a short period of time.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->