College Hockey NCAA Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Tough way to end the season for UMass with a 7-2 loss to Northeastern. No surprise that they were swept in the series, but not the score I wanted to see in their final game.

The bright spot is that the Minutemen were +12 in the win column this year, going from 5 victories last season to 17, and Carvel appears to have them headed in the right direction.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: northeastern

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Tough way to end the season for UMass with a 7-2 loss to Northeastern. No surprise that they were swept in the series, but not the score I wanted to see in their final game.

The bright spot is that the Minutemen were +12 in the win column this year, going from 5 victories last season to 17, and Carvel appears to have them headed in the right direction.

That's a remarkable jump actually, I miss going to games as a student

I hope they bring home a championship again some day

Reactions: Fenway

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

They played very well on Friday and had a had a great season

Looking forward to the garden

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That's a remarkable jump actually, I miss going to games as a student

I hope they bring home a championship again some day

I only live 20 minutes away and like to go to games. My son is at UMass (sophomore) and went to a few games this year. I would be happy even if they were just competitive every year against a tough HE lineup.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Northeastern alumn living in Chicago and looking to try to find the Hockey East games on TV tonight...is NESNPlus readily available on TV? Just trying to make sure it's not one of those online-only type channels so I don't head to a bar tonight and ask them to put on a channel that doesn't exist.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Northeastern alumn living in Chicago and looking to try to find the Hockey East games on TV tonight...is NESNPlus readily available on TV? Just trying to make sure it's not one of those online-only type channels so I don't head to a bar tonight and ask them to put on a channel that doesn't exist.

It's on TV's here in Boston... No idea what that means for Chicago but it is possible they'll have it. You can stream nesnplus now too so you may be able to find it on "other" sites

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
It's on TV's here in Boston... No idea what that means for Chicago but it is possible they'll have it. You can stream nesnplus now too so you may be able to find it on "other" sites

Yea it's listed as available on DirectTV but it's listed as like channel 628-1. The "-1" made me think it was possibly not a "real" channel. Thanks.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

I miss Toot Cahoon. Except for Quick , Sheary, and a few others was not blessed with great talent. Hard to compete with BC and BU in recruiting.

Hope things are looking up for UMass Amherst. Go Minutepeople!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I miss Toot Cahoon. Except for Quick , Sheary, and a few others was not blessed with great talent. Hard to compete with BC and BU in recruiting.

Hope things are looking up for UMass Amherst. Go Minutepeople!

On a related note, it was reported that Cale Makar told the Avs he was going to come back to Amherst for his sophomore year.

That would be huge for the Minutemen.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Princeton knocked out Cornell? Wow.

Harvard could be the ECAC champions, which means Donato wont be signing with the Bruins until late March or early April.

Of course they need to go through Clarkson first....

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
North Dakota & St. Cloud State are tied at 2 with 1:30 left in the third.

Now going to OT

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Princeton knocked out Cornell? Wow.

Harvard could be the ECAC champions, which means Donato wont be signing with the Bruins until late March or early April.

Of course they need to go through Clarkson first....

Cornell and Clarkson is safe for the NCAA as are Northeastern and Providence

Harvard, BC and BU can't lose or they gawn.

upload_2018-3-16_19-45-0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad