College Hockey NCAA Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
No reason a fourth MA college can't be invited to play.

That would be interesting.

Umass Lowell or Merrimack would work too

I really wish they would expand the Beanpot. It would add some intrigue.

I understand why you all feel that way. If other schools in New England want some sort of annual tournament they should go make one. The CT schools (UConn, SHU, Yale, QU) did so last season and I think it was fairly successful.

I can't speak for all of us, but as an alum of one of the Beanpot schools, there will never be an interest in having a team from outside the current four. It is not an invitational tournament.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Long term i am not interested in that, I was just thinking of a one year Faux Beanpot

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Doubleheader on BTN tonight. Arizona St bs Michigan St at 6:30 followed up by PSU at Minnesota

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
BC women's game is on, the men's game has been postponed due to an inconclusive test. The hope is it comes back negative after testing again and they play Sat/Sun.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
BC women's game is on, the men's game has been postponed due to an inconclusive test. The hope is it comes back negative after testing again and they play Sat/Sun.

I just tweeted this exact thing as speculation. If it’s a positive test, both games, including Saturday, would be DOA. With an inconclusive, damaged, or fail-to-show-up test, you could play the game on Saturday.

Only other explanation for a single game postponement would be an arena problem, which they would have announced because it would be spectacularly obvious after awhile, and would put people at ease.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
BC with NHL draftees, Nesterenko (no relation to Erik), Boldy, Kuntar and Knight. Showing why they’re ranked #2 in the country.

We’re fortunate that NESN is covering these games. Only high level hockey we can watch until January, etc.

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
BC with NHL draftees, Nesterenko (no relation to Erik), Boldy, Kuntar and Knight. Showing why they’re ranked #2 in the country.

We’re fortunate that NESN is covering these games. Only high level hockey we can watch until January, etc.
I was going to look up the Eric relationship- the fact you know that is phenomenal (or old) lol

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I was going to look up the Eric relationship- the fact you know that is phenomenal (or old) lol
Not phenomenal, but definitely old. I remember Eric with the great Blackhawk teams of Bobby, Mikita, Hall, etc.

I checked out Nikita and it shows he was born in Brooklyn, NY. to Russian immigrant parents not named Eric. In fact, Eric was born in Canada.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not phenomenal, but definitely old. I remember Erik with the great Blackhawk teams of Bobby, Mikita, Hall, etc.

I checked out Nikita and it shows he was born in Brooklyn, NY. to Russian immigrant parents not named Erik.
Those mid 1960’s Black Hawks were a power when as a 7-8 year old I started following hockey

I loved Chicago back then loved Kenny Wharram/ had a heart attack that maybe cost him HOF
Ken Wharram Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
And BC ruthlessly exposed that shortcoming. It was a massacre.
Yes and yes. Jaxson Stauber, a transfer from Minnesota State, will be their starter but he wasn’t eligible this weekend. Wouldn’t have mattered, that BC team is fantastic.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad