College Hockey NCAA Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Thank god other leagues are playing. Wisconsin at Notre Dame on NBC sports tonight. Hockey East starts next Friday. So far with college football there has been no reason to shut the season down. They have postponed certain games and life goes on. The Ivy League has now taken two seasons away from a team like Cornell who was in the mix to win it all. There are ways to follow protocol and proceed with everyday life.

Reactions: BMC and Saxon Eric

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
What do you think Curtis Hall will do? What are his option to play hockey this year when Yale's not playing

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
What do you think Curtis Hall will do? What are his option to play hockey this year when Yale's not playing
I think he signs a pro contract and heads to Providence
other options are Flint in the OHL or possibly USHL but I think those are unlikely due to his age or he stays in school, which isn't ideal for the organization but ultimately it's his choice, an education from Yale might be important to him and his family

Reactions: PepeBostones

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Watching Wisconsin vs Notre Dame on NBCSN.

Great to be watching live hockey again even if I can't stand ND's helmets :vhappy:

College hockey on NBCSN live? Dayum. Here's hoping gets more attention and money into college hockey.

Reactions: BMC

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Wisconsin-Notre Dame(game #2) now on NHL Network, live from South Bend. It's not the same(nothing is), but I'm happy to get the college hockey season rolling and look forward to watching some games in a bar with a few beers. Hockey East next week!

3-2 Badgers after two , we have a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: SanDogBrewin

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well, it's officially official...no Beanpot.

Of course, with Hockey East announcing that their 2020-21 season would be a conference-only season, this was pretty much assumed, since Harvard is ECAC. In fact, with Harvard, the Ivy League, and the ECAC closing off all winter sports (IIRC), it was also pretty much in the works.

With flex games that don't count only being played WITHIN the conference, I'm surprised they didn't try to schedule a mini round-robin long weekend with BC, BU, NU, and a fourth team. Granted, the fourth team wouldn't exactly be local, and with furloughs, the ability to hold it at TD Garden would be doubtful at best.

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
Well, it's officially official...no Beanpot.
With flex games that don't count only being played WITHIN the conference, I'm surprised they didn't try to schedule a mini round-robin long weekend with BC, BU, NU, and a fourth team. Granted, the fourth team wouldn't exactly be local, and with furloughs, the ability to hold it at TD Garden would be doubtful at best.

Then it wouldn't be the Beanpot. If Harvard can't play, then no Beanpot.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

You have a point, but a 4-team, 4 game mini-tournament (with a loser game) over 2 days would at least get people interested in college hockey. Particularly if they had scheduled it the weekend before the Super Bowl, it would remind people that there will be sports after football's over. Although, by then it seems the NBA will be a little over a month into their season, and the NHL should be starting by then, too.

And, yeah, I get it - the Beanpot's the Beanpot. I'm not saying call it the Beanpot. But, frankly, if you had to remove one team from the Beanpot and replace it with another...Harvard would probably be the one. But I'm biased.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Screw Harvard. If they decide not to play that's on them & the league, it isn't like there is a state mandated shutdown.

No reason a fourth MA college can't be invited to play.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
That would be interesting. The "closest" to Boston would be who, Bentley? Petty sure they have beaten BC, BU and NU in recent years. Call it the Faux Beanpot if you have to. With no fans, no need to even play at Garden. Go play at WBA or Agganis/Conte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad