College Hockey NCAA Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I've always wondered why NESN didn't do more Hockey East telecasts. It seems like relatively low-cost programming, but maybe the costs are more than I think?

NESN does Hockey East games fairly frequently, particularly on Friday nights, although sometimes they are NESN productions(often featuring Billy Jaffe) and sometimes they are the school athletic feeds(some women's games as well, i.e. Harvard), which is fine as I'm happy to just see the games however they come. NBC Sports Boston also picks up some Providence games. You know you are a hockey geek when you keep a piece of paper in your wallet with all the satellite numbers so you can tell a bartender the channel number for a game(i.e., a North Dakota game on CBS Sports).

Hockey East and NESN Announce Multi-Year Partnership - Hockey East Association

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Michigan had a tune up Sunday vs Windsor University. I would not put too much stock into it as they outshot the opposition 50-17 and won 8-2, but...

Johnny (Johnny?) Beecher had a PP goal. Apparently, he was in front of the net and it deflected in off his skate. He went 9/10 in the faceoff dot.

Jack Becker had two assists.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
New Men’s D1 Poll out:

Rankings

I thought UMass losing to Northeastern might hurt them, but two big W’s over Union (and the fact that the Huskies are just outside the Top 10) helped them move up a spot to 3.

With their RW needs feel like the B’s should be giving Minutemen wing Mitch Chaffee a long look. He attended Pens camp this summer, but obviously didn’t sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->