Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
UMass forward Bobby Trivigno suspended for NCAA title game – Boston Herald

BUFFALO, N.Y. — UMass’ championship hopes took a blow Friday when the NCAA Tournament committee and its Rules Committee conducted a video review of both national semifinals and determined that a hit by freshman wing Bobby Trivigno late in Thursday night’s thrilling 4-3 overtime win over Denver was enough to suspend him from Saturday’s title game against defending national champion Minnesota-Duluth. UMD ousted Providence College, 4-1, in the earlier semifinal.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Hard to imagine a better PBP announcer than Buccigross. Smooth, knowledgeable, enthusiastic but blunt, calls it like he sees it. Projects excitement but in a natural, unforced way (unlike, all too often lately, Jack).

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Hard to imagine a better PBP announcer than Buccigross. Smooth, knowledgeable, enthusiastic but blunt, calls it like he sees it. Projects excitement but in a natural, unforced way (unlike, all too often lately, Jack).
i agree. i love his goal calls. they just sound different.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
UMass forward Bobby Trivigno suspended for NCAA title game – Boston Herald

BUFFALO, N.Y. — UMass’ championship hopes took a blow Friday when the NCAA Tournament committee and its Rules Committee conducted a video review of both national semifinals and determined that a hit by freshman wing Bobby Trivigno late in Thursday night’s thrilling 4-3 overtime win over Denver was enough to suspend him from Saturday’s title game against defending national champion Minnesota-Duluth. UMD ousted Providence College, 4-1, in the earlier semifinal.

This will sting a bit. Unfortunate because the kid is a gamer, one of my favorite players on the team.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I think his passion for the game is great.

However, as much as I love Makar, Bucci and Melrose were slobbering all over him way more than was warranted.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
A huge bummer that UMass lost, but the trip to Buffalo with my little boy and the whole experience was one of the greatest times I've ever had. He's more deeply in love with hockey as a result, and we had the most incredible father/son bonding imaginable. I will never forget a minute of this. So proud of my alma mater, too, and very much looking forward to the flagship's hockey future.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
UMass was totally out classed by Minn-Duluth

Great season.

I’m not sure I would go so far as “totally outclassed”, but they were the better team for sure. I was hoping all along that UMass’ lack of playoff experience didn’t hurt them. Last night I think you saw the difference between a team that had been through this before and one who had not.

UMD executed their game plan and UMass did not, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->