NCAA Hockey Standardization of OT

Discussion in 'NCAA, U Sports, and other college' started by JMCx4, Jun 17, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. JMCx4

JMCx4 Gateway to Hockey

2. alko

alko Registered User

Home Page:
    Wtf? After i click on the link, it shows me:

Unfortunately you're trying to access NCAA.com from a country in the European Union.
    While we're working on making sure we comply with the new regulations, we're unfortunately required to restrict access to NCAA.com from your country.
    For more information about the NCAA, please visit NCAA.org.

Anyway, are there some rules in the game, that arent visible in other leagues?

3. JMCx4

JMCx4 Gateway to Hockey

@alko: Must be part of the new U.S. tariffs posture. :dunno:

The current NCAA ice hockey Rule & Interpretations (which I presume you are also precluded from accessing) includes the following ...
    So it seems the current NCAA rule book has a basic premise that was born of the old adage: "Rules are meant to be broken." :rolleyes:

4. adsfan

adsfan Registered User

The NCAA has real hockey rules? I went to a college game a few years ago, MSOE versus some team from Illinois that was or is in their conference. A Dman from the other team was whistled for boarding majors in all three periods. He only got tossed out because one of the MSOE players chased him down to fight him behind the net before he could skate away or go back to the penalty box yet again. I couldn't believe that the guy wasn't ejected for the second major, let alone being able to commit a third!

5. Bonk

Bonk Registered User

Freelance writer
    I would rather see 4-on-4 for overtime, but this is better than having games officially ruled as ties and then 3-on-3s and shootouts for extra league points.

The conferences were trying to have their cake (5-on-5 for 65 minutes) and eat it too (skills contests for points), and it was way too unnecessarily confusing for most fans.

Last season I went to a Miami game at non-conference BGSU in which they played 3-on-3 after the game was declared a tie. BG and its fans acted like they won the Stanley Cup when they scored when really it was completely meaningless.

And then I kept wondering what would happen if someone got hurt in a demonstration.

JMCx4 likes this.