NCAA Frozen Four

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Go Wolverines....my favorite team since I'm 10-year old....

But wow...what a prospect Justin Faulk is....

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Elliott was an elite college goalie. Hunwick is listed as 5-7 and was the third option not long ago according to the anecdotes of Thorne and Melrose. I don't know to what kind of "next" level he can make it.

Hunwick's been Michigan's #1 for a year and a half now. He was an unknown come the turn of 2010 but he finished out UM's season last year with 15-20 straight starts (actually looked it up, it was 11 straight to end the year). This year he and Hogan were doing the 1a/1b thing until Hogan was felled by injury. As with a lot of things these two have talked about the last three days, a lot of it isn't quite true.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
UMD wins their first NCAA Championship!!

Kyle Schmidt, the Duluth area native and only UMD player that didn't bleach his hair because he's getting married soon, wins it. What a ride.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well Bulldogs dominated this one....and deserve to win.

Congrats.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Congratulations UMD. Feel bad for my boy Hagelin, but UMD was the better team tonight.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Congrats to UMD on their first title. Aside from Hunwick, who played his heart out and did everything but will his school to victory, UMD was all-around the best team in the Frozen Four and deserved this.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
I just saw that only 6 players from UMD (Faulk, Basaraba, Olson, Delisle, Kissel and Tardy) Aside from Faulk, all these players seems to have small roles on the team. Could any of the top players from UMD draw NHL interest?

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
I just saw that only 6 players from UMD (Faulk, Basaraba, Olson, Delisle, Kissel and Tardy) are drafted. Aside from Faulk, all these players seems to have small roles on the team. Could any of the top players from UMD draw NHL interest?
Connolly, Connolly, and Fontaine will almost certainly be able to sign pro contracts if they want to. Fontaine is a senior, the other two are juniors. JT Brown and Oleksuk could also go pro.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
A big congrats to UMD!!! I am still in shock after watching UND get upset in the semis, but WOW, what a final! Another OT Final in the Frozen Four.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think Jack Connolly should make a nice pro. Kid out of the Duluth area plays all heart, love his game a lot.

As for Faulk, I wish he would stick another season, it seems sometimes when college dmen leave a bit too early, they dont really achieve that original hype. Faulk has the tools to be a solid pro, maybe Nick Leddy is proof that you dont need to stick around for 3 years as a dman in college to be succesful in the NHL.

Good luck to him if he turns pro, I am sure the Canes will give him every chance at making the big club next year. Him and McBain would be a great puck moving duo for them next year..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad