NCAA Frozen Four

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1209798

Wonderful article from TheWolverine on Red and his legacy at Michigan

"One of the reasons you come to Michigan is Coach Berenson but you don't really understand what that means until you play for him," sophomore right wing Chris Brown said. "After practice, he'll skate over to you for a one-on-one and he'll talk to you about a move or something that will help your game. He's been in our shoes so he understands what it's like out there and he knows better than any coach I've ever had how to make the little adjustments in your game to become a better player.

"Red Berenson is Michigan hockey"

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Maybe they could have even had a Brett Hull puck drop, since it's UMD...

I'm guessing the wanted to keep it neutral but still give the Minnesota fans someone they like and feel attachment to in Broten.

The other option would have been to do one alumni from each school so someone like Hull from UMD and John Madden from UM.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Oleksuk ties it at 1.

I hate Barry Melrose. I know he thinks he's some superstar but can't he bother to at least study the media guide before each game?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That was really impressive patience by Rust on the cough-up by the UMD defenseman. UMD power play now. Goal!

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
UMD's 2nd PP unit strikes.

Tardy puts UMD up 2-1. Pretty cool experience for Tardy. He's a freshman, from Duluth, that scores his first goal of his NCAA career in the Championship game. Must by flying high right now.

Bad luck there for Merrill/Hunwick. They both read the cross crease pass and broke it up but it went right back to Tardy for the short side goal.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Whoa. Hunwick doing his Ron Hextall impersonation? Dumb play to shoot the puck in the net after the whistle. Easy penalty call.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Anyone notice on the bottomline of ESPN it says, Cory Clouston fired, the Senators had the least points in the NHL... However, they did not. LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad