NCAA Frozen Four

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
C'mon Frattin show them how clutch you are! And Frattin is hands down the best prospect he's the leading goal scorer, hard hitter, good defensively, has an amazing shot, etc.

Of course he is, hes a leafs prospect.

Its not like hes 3 years older than a lot of the other guys. Usually by his age all the good players are gone pro

sfo

Oct 13, 2008
Of course he is, hes a leafs prospect.

Its not like hes 3 years older than a lot of the other guys. Usually by his age all the good players are gone pro

Not always.

And those that do often waste a lot of time in the minors because they are not pro-ready, whereas Frattin is pro-ready. And to say he's not a good player because he's still in college is a bit of a reach...

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not always.

And those that do often waste a lot of time in the minors because they are not pro-ready, whereas Frattin is pro-ready. And to say he's not a good player because he's still in college is a bit of a reach...

No I'm not saying he is good, but all these leafs fans wont stop talking about him and bragging that he is the top prospect. He is 3 or 4 years older than most other prospects playing in the tourney.

To say hes the best is a reach when he was nothing last season at all. And its true most guys do leave for the AHL by the time hes their age, so his production is not all that impressive. Hes still a solid prospect but to say hes far and away the best is off

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

No I'm not saying he is good, but all these leafs fans wont stop talking about him and bragging that he is the top prospect. He is 3 or 4 years older than most other prospects playing in the tourney.

To say hes the best is a reach when he was nothing last season at all. And its true most guys do leave for the AHL by the time hes their age, so his production is not all that impressive. Hes still a solid prospect but to say hes far and away the best is off

Exactly two fans have done that in this thread.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Rooting for Blue [Sisters Alma Mater] and Irish [Kevin Lind Ducks Prospect]

Anyone know how Lind has played this season? Defensemen for Notre Dame.

He was expected to be the big shutdown guy, his one on one coverage in the USHL got him noticed. but he has showed he can move the puck well too this year. He's been in and out of the line-up lately but has put together a strong year. Been a + player from the 3rd pairing.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I hope the Sioux win, selfishly, so Gregoire will sign. He'll have nothing left to prove at that level. :yo:

Cheers,

Dan-o

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Go Sioux, will be fun to watch Malone, Frattin, Gregoire, Genoway and Dell a couple more times.

I think Frattin's gotta be the top prospect. Hobey Finalist 35+ goals... yeah.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
C'mon Frattin show them how clutch you are! And Frattin is hands down the best prospect he's the leading goal scorer, hard hitter, good defensively, has an amazing shot, etc.

Best player today ≠ best prospect

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Leafs TV is carrying the Frozen Four in Canada. So if you're a Leafs fan who pays for that service, you'll get the games. Also, I'm guessing someone will stream these games.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I'll do my part and say that the best player is Danny Kristo.

Oh wait, sorry! I tought this was post your team prospect thread.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Leafs TV is carrying the Frozen Four in Canada. So if you're a Leafs fan who pays for that service, you'll get the games. Also, I'm guessing someone will stream these games.

Yep. Leafs tv will show the games on thursday live. Then show the Championship game on tape delay on Saturday around 10 pm. They will also show live coverage of the hobey baker winner announcement live on friday april 8 at 7pm. (Come on matt Frattin)

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
explain this

What's to explain?

Alot of the better, younger prospects play lesser roles in the NCAA, while the older players take scoring roles. An undrafted player could lead the NCAA in scoring, does that make him the best prospect? No. Maybe the best scorer at the time, but not the best prospect.

Being the better prospect has more to do with upside and potential just as much as it has to do with at-the-time scoring.

Ben Smith won the tournament MVP last season for BC college. He's a Hawks prospect. I'm not going to dare say he's our best prospect, but he obviously was the best player in the Frozen Four last year.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
explain this

It's not rocket science. 22 year olds playing with 18 year olds. 22 year olds will tend to excel, even if they don't have as high of a talent ceiling. Same as with overagers in the CHL (does anyone really think undrafted 20 year old Jason Akeson is a better prospect than Landeskog simply because he outscored him by 30 points and led the OHL in scoring?).

Frattin is certainly the best player in the Frozen Four. He'll win the Hobey, and rightfully so.

Jon Merrill is the best prospect. Huge steal for the Devs.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
LOL, oh man, I'd forgotten just how insanely bad Gary Thorne was at identifying players. How do you mix up 5'8" forward T.J. Tynan with 6'4" defenseman Stephen Johns?

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
These goalies are awful. Just trying to burn time till the Michigan game.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
LOL, oh man, I'd forgotten just how insanely bad Gary Thorne was at identifying players

Stephen Johns and TJ Tynan was the most recent one I recognized. Understandable one though there. They're pretty close. One's 6'4, 221 and a d-man. The other 5'8, 156 and a forward.

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->