NCAA Basketball - Tournament Time

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...al-fired-new-mexico-men-basketball-head-coach

New Mexico has fired men's basketball head coach Craig Neal, the school announced late Friday.

The decision comes just three weeks after athletic director Paul Krebs announced Neal would be returning as coach next season.

The Lobos finished 17-14 and failed to earn an NCAA tournament berth for the third straight year.

"The University of New Mexico is grateful for the service and dedication that Coach Neal gave to Lobo basketball," Krebs said in a prepared statement. "He's a good man and a winning coach, but the time has come to move Lobo Basketball in a new direction. We will begin a search for a new coach immediately and look forward to building on the winning tradition of Lobo Basketball."

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...rd-daejon-davis-announces-commitment-stanford

Davis, No. 44 in the 2017 class, signed with Washington in November but was released from his letter-of-intent when the Huskies fired head coach Lorenzo Romar. Stanford was one of his original finalists, along with Oregon and Gonzaga.

"It's a special place," Davis told ESPN.

Stanford now has two ESPN 100 prospects in its 2017 class, with Davis joining four-star forward Kezie Okpala (No. 37). Two foreign prospects are also in the fold in Oscar Da Silva (Germany) and Isaac White (Australia).

Sep 19, 2008
Ewing hire is meh. Georgetown needs someone outside the Georgetown family.

Ewing is a link to Thompson. Georgetown needed someone with no previous ties. Relying on history and ancient legacy is not a recipe for success. That's what Georgetown tried to do with JT3 to no avail.

Sep 19, 2008
Also why is Nantz doing PA. Pretty sure these arenas have PA personnel so they don't need Jim Nantz to do PBP and intros

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Also why is Nantz doing PA. Pretty sure these arenas have PA personnel so they don't need Jim Nantz to do PBP and intros

They have let him do the intros for like a decade. Pay attention.

The PA guy is Gene Honda, of White Sox and Blackhawks fame.

Sep 19, 2008
They have let him do the intros for like a decade. Pay attention.

The PA guy is Gene Honda, of White Sox and Blackhawks fame.

Whoa, what's he doing there in Glendale!

I'm fully aware that he has been doing them for a decade or more. I'm just asking why he does it and not Honda.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
UNC playing some really, really terrible basketball.

Good thing is there's another half plus to play...

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yeah, but it's become a little lackluster as of late. I don't really hate Illinois. One of my best friends went there, one went to Mizzou.

Yeah I honestly can't say I hate Mizzou that much either. It makes for a fun rivalry when the teams are relevant, though, and that may happen again soon. Both got upgrades for sure.

PS - The rumor that Martin turned down Illinois is BS. Did not happen. And also glad we kept our assistant coach (Walker), because some current Illinois recruits may have followed him to Mizzou.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Jackson can't hit a thing, but neither can Karnowski. Good first half, just hope we get a close game in the second! I picked the Zags to win it all, but the rest of my bracket was so terrible, that it doesn't even matter to me. Still rooting for them though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->