NBCSN Broadcasting two Leafs games in 2021

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
So they are adding Sunday nights too... that is new for NBCSN I think? So that is three games a week nationally televised in the US, great to see that (yes I realize there aren't too many eyes on NBCSN).

Hope we get to see the Canadian TV schedule soon. Have been hearing some rumours that the blackouts might be paused this season, but I do not see that happening. I would love to not have to buy Centre Ice...

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
These division only games could get stale for them after awhile. At least we’ll have hockey.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You mean NBCSN. Toronto is still considered a small market to be featured on the main NBC network. :sarcasm:
Yeah they should talk ... Tampa v Dallas was worst TV hockey final viewing numbers in history of Cup ... in Canada and US both ... when you factor in a summer covid cup I kinda get that too ... but it is a Cup final ... NBA finals with Lakers and Miami was top 5 all time ... Tampa has a small following and very local and Dallas well even worse ... i guess south really not interested in watching our Cup and north and northeast tuned out completely BRUTAL

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah they should talk ... Tampa v Dallas was worst TV hockey final viewing numbers in history of Cup ... in Canada and US both ... when you factor in a summer covid cup I kinda get that too ... but it is a Cup final ... NBA finals with Lakers and Miami was top 5 all time ... Tampa has a small following and very local and Dallas well even worse ... i guess south really not interested in watching our Cup and north and northeast tuned out completely BRUTAL
Besides Game 6 against Boston in 2019 since that was broadcast on NBC, the only other times I remember them showing the Leafs was the 2014 Winter Classic, 2017 Centennial Classic, and 2018 Stadium Series.

I also just remembered that Games 2 and 5 against Boston in the playoffs were also shown on NBC.

Last edited:
Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Besides Game 6 against Boston in 2019 since that was broadcast on NBC, the only other times I remember them showing the Leafs was the 2014 Winter Classic, 2017 Centennial Classic, and 2018 Stadium Series.
If thats Ed O and dumbo dunce from Bruins I can't listen to those guys so i get that too ... id rather go watch a GTHL game

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If thats Ed O and dumbo dunce from Bruins I can't listen to those guys so i get that too ... id rather go watch a GTHL game
NBC/NBCSN Has never used Jack Edwards on a national broadcast. Although I do believe Ed Olczyk is the lead analyst, however they have also used Ray Ferraro for some of their games along with Gord Miller.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
NBC/NBCSN Has never used Jack Edwards on a national broadcast. Although I do believe Ed Olczyk is the lead analyst, however they have also used Ray Ferraro for some of their games along with Gord Miller.
Ray is good ... he knows his stuff ... no BS and he is funny/entertaining too .. he hits it big with guys who played and guys who just like to watch

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Lakers/Miami was not Top 5. It was one of the LOWEST television ratings Finals, of all time. I went all the way back to 1988, and it was the lowest of the bunch, by a huge margin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad