NBC will offer in-market streaming of all first round games EXCEPT Vegas and Pittsburgh

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Are you under the impression that there will be no national coverage of Game 4 (April 18) because it's not yet shown on that chart? NBC has stated that all games will be aired nationally on one of their networks. No network has been given for that game yet because there are also Game 5s from other series that may happen that night. So, NBC is not committing to what is aired where until it is known who all is playing.

But don't let logic get in the way of your rant.

When you're a fan of a marginalized franchise, paranoia gets in the way of logic. Plus, it's been a decade since we made the postseason, and NBC hasn't hosted a Hurricanes home game on any of their networks in years.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
When you're a fan of a marginalized franchise, paranoia gets in the way of logic. Plus, it's been a decade since we made the postseason, and NBC hasn't hosted a Hurricanes home game on any of their networks in years.

You should never let paranoia get in the way of logic.

But I saw the same nonsense with Blue Jays fans when Jays playoff games often got the afternoon slot as opposed to the evening slot. Simple logic was that Jays games were one market games and could be expected to deliver smaller audiences. But that didn't stop some Jays from spouting off about how MLB hated the Jays.

Hmm. I wonder if the fact that Carolina is on a FOX regional plays into Carolina's lack of regular season home games on NBC/NBCSN. Has anyone looked at whether teams on NBC regionals get more NBC/NBCSN games than those on FOX regionals?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

But I saw the same nonsense with Blue Jays fans when Jays playoff games often got the afternoon slot as opposed to the evening slot. Simple logic was that Jays games were one market games and could be expected to deliver smaller audiences. But that didn't stop some Jays from spouting off about how MLB hated the Jays.

Hmm. I wonder if the fact that Carolina is on a FOX regional plays into Carolina's lack of regular season home games on NBC/NBCSN. Has anyone looked at whether teams on NBC regionals get more NBC/NBCSN games than those on FOX regionals?

They do but that has more to do with the fact NBC owns tune local rights to the Flyers, Blackhawks, Capitals and Sharks. Two of the best teams in the league and two of the league’s biggest markets.

Also, to answer a previous post there are no network assignment for any series past game 4

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis

It's more likely that NBC prefers teams that "casual fans" will likely take notice of (i.e. "Original 6" and teams with marquee players like Washington) when they do their regular season scheduling with CSN teams (Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington, San Jose) being easier for NBC to promote as they can syndicate their broadcasting crew. They like to avoid Canadian teams that aren't Toronto at all costs, with the excuse they can make that nobody wants to watch Vancouver or Edmonton since they keep sucking, and avoid Sun Belt teams that aren't Nashville because they assume the casual fan is unaware that there is a team in Florida, let alone two. This, unfortunately, leads to a hideously imbalanced TV schedule that sees them air 20 Blackhawks games nationally, 12 Capitals games, 8 Flyers games, and 4 Sharks games, with at least 10 teams having one appearance or none (and those teams that do appear will be the road team).

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
FRIDAY, APRIL 12
TimeCoverageNetworkCommentators
7 p.m.Game 2 – (WC2) Columbus at (1) Tampa BayCNBCJohn Forslund,
Pierre McGuire
7:30 p.m.Game 2 – (3) Pittsburgh at (2) N.Y. IslandersNBCSNKenny Albert, AJ
Mleczko, Brian Boucher
9:30 p.m.Game 2 – (3) St. Louis at (2) WinnipegCNBCGord Miller,
Ray Ferraro
10:30 p.m.Game 2 – (3) Vegas at (2) San JoseNBCSNAlex Faust,
Mike Johnson
SATURDAY, APRIL 13
3 p.m.Game 2 – (WC1) Carolina at (1) WashingtonNBCBrendan Burke,
Pierre McGuire
6 p.m.Game 2 – (WC1) Dallas at (1) NashvilleCNBCChris Cuthbert,
Joe Micheletti
8 p.m.Game 2 – (3) Toronto at (2) BostonNBCMike “Doc” Emrick, Mike
Milbury, Brian Boucher
10:30 p.m.Game 2 – (WC2) Colorado at (1) CalgaryNBCSNGord Miller,
Ray Ferraro
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

skeena1

May 15, 2006
That is still unclear

One thing for certain - Sportsnet will not carry any NBC feed that Chris Cuthbert and Gord Miller are assigned to - they will take a USA RSN for those games

I'm watching/listening to Cuthbert do Stars-Preds right now on Sportsnet.

Reactions: IU Hawks fan

Bookie21

Dec 26, 2017
I made the mistake and flipped over to the CBC feed from NBC for a short period tonight, and noticed Cassie Campbell doing the color.....ouch glad I don't have to put up with the Sportsnet talent on a regular basis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->