NBC Sports Chicago carriage dispute with Dish Network

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
So what are options for watching NBC Sports Chicago for those of us effected by the pissing match between them and Dish Network? Are there any that are free? Easy to set up?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Does the NBC sports app/site login still work for Dish customers? That'd be the only legal way to continue watching, but good chance NBC will block dish accounts until an agreement is made.

Otherwise, hit me up on a dm and I'll share the easiest way to find a not so legal link online.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
When my wife, and I moved into our condo 15 years ago we had DISH Network for a season, and then came issues with FOX Sports so we switched to DirecTV, and have been happy ever since.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
We are giving Dish the stanky boot this week. We talked about getting rid of it for a long time, but the loss of almost all NBC and FOX channels pushed us over the edge.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
These disputes are getting annoying and I can't really blame dish. Directv had the same issue with CBS over the summer. The networks are always pushing for increases as they lose subscribers, the carriers don't want to absorb them or push them on to their customer base. It's to the point where ATT is looking to sell off Directv.

If you're not ready to make the full move try Directv now for a month. See how you like it. Streaming option that works on Apple tv/firestick, roku

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Updating this a bit

Dish appears to have been one of only a handful (If even that) of providers in area to not accept an extension during negotiations with NBC Chicago that would have kept on games

AT&T among others who accepted negotiation at end of September all seem to have come to agreement as NBC Chicago just updated its provider list and it seems only Dish/Sling is lone holdout among major providers (U-Verse for instance was not listed but games were still on and today U-Verse among others were listed by NBC Sports Chicago as provider of channel)

At this point it appears Dish is only provider who has gone with strategy of that without Cubs NBC Sports Chicago has lost value and demanded they drop pricing

I mean when 50+ providers accept agreement it seems to show that there is problem with you and not NBC Sports Chicago

Will be interesting to see how Dish handles the Cubs network during negotiations because they will be getting far less programming at considerable cost if they pay Cubs network fee.

Reactions: Pez68 and ray c

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs
We have Dish and I am not pleased with either company here. Dish is well-known to play hardball in these negotiations and let the stations go dark, and we called them last week and got our bill reduced a bit for next month, but I have also been very vocal toward NBC on FB. We discussed switching to Xfinity since they own NBC and the channel, but we are just going to wait it out longer, and I am watching internet streams through the TV until they make the deal. Quality is just as good as the channel. They will make a deal eventually. These blackouts are growing tiresome, though.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
We have Dish and I am not pleased with either company here. Dish is well-known to play hardball in these negotiations and let the stations go dark, and we called them last week and got our bill reduced a bit for next month, but I have also been very vocal toward NBC on FB. We discussed switching to Xfinity since they own NBC and the channel, but we are just going to wait it out longer, and I am watching internet streams through the TV until they make the deal. Quality is just as good as the channel. They will make a deal eventually. These blackouts are growing tiresome, though.
Which internet stream? Thanks

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Directv and Dish have been attempting to combine for some time if regulators will let it go through. That may help a bit until DTV has to renegotiate with Comcast owned NBCS. I will never go back to Comcast - if I can't get the Hawks so be it.

ATT/DTV owns HBO, ect. There is some talk about ATT spinning off DTV as it's losing subscribers pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad