Speculation: NBC Segment on Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Roenick simply stirring the pot. Would he become available if Stone indeed was traded to Winnipeg and then signed there?

I'm with Carter and I think pursuing Duchene could be the perfect answer for Laine's woes recently if the price-tag isn't too steep for the Jets as a rental.

Chevy is always quiet with his moves.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Laine has really struggled this year, I think its well documented, however when a player is struggling and still on pace for 35 goals, thats probably a damn good player. If he's also only 20 and has over 100 NHL goals to his name maybe you consider keeping that guy.

Don't get me wrong, WPG isn't as good as they were last year, losing Stastny really hurt and Enstroms loss is underrated as well.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think I'm in the minority on the Jets board but I think Duchene is the answer to get him going again. Judging by all the data I have combed through. Duchene's style of play fits Laine to a T. We don't need to trade him, we need to get him the right center.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
I think I'm in the minority on the Jets board but I think Duchene is the answer to get him going again. Judging by all the data I have combed through. Duchene's style of play fits Laine to a T. We don't need to trade him, we need to get him the right center.
That’s why I never really understood this Stone chasing talk. You have one of the best goal scorers in the league and instead of getting him a center, they chase a winger that will command 9/10M salary? Sense, this makes none.

Reactions: RedBar

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Id love to see this data :)

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Still baffles me why Paul Maurice pairs him with Little despite having YEARS of evidence they simply do not mesh whatsoever. It's like he's the kind of guy who attempts to hit the lamp post with a snowball 121 times, and when he hits it on the 121st attempt goes "Ha, damn I'm so good!"

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You don't trade Laine type player.

Yes his game .....s this year but you sit him down at the end of year and get him whatever he needs not trade him.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

I've always thought this too with all the Stone to Winnipeg talk. Duchene makes wayyy more sense. You already have 4 very solid top 6 wingers in Wheeler, Ehlers, Connor and Laine. Little is good but he's like a Chris Tierney. Sure he could play 2C but he's ideally a 3C. A Connor-Duchene-Laine line would be a fantastic scoring line.

Imagine landing Duchene, and getting Laine going again. Stone would probably bump him down the lineup? Whereas Duchene directly helps him. And would cost less than Stone. Only thing is the chances of staying are higher with Stone.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
The 5th fastest player in the history to reach 100 goals before turning 21. And already being consired to be traded :eek::laugh:

16 game winning goals
Made Winnipeg pedestrian power play one of the best in 2 years.
In 2.5 years
He played with 5 centers. Produced elite numbers with 4 of them exept the center he has been playing with all year.

Lets give up on him :help:

Reactions: nofehr and Razzle71

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Roenick simply stirring the pot. Would he become available if Stone indeed was traded to Winnipeg and then signed there?

I'm with Carter and I think pursuing Duchene could be the perfect answer for Laine's woes recently if the price-tag isn't too steep for the Jets as a rental.

Chevy is always quiet with his moves.

Roenick is nothing but a load mouth attention seeker .Winnipeg aren't trading Laine .

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Still baffles me why Paul Maurice pairs him with Little despite having YEARS of evidence they simply do not mesh whatsoever. It's like he's the kind of guy who attempts to hit the lamp post with a snowball 121 times, and when he hits it on the 121st attempt goes "Ha, damn I'm so good!"

Is throwing snowballs at lamp posts a Canadian pastime? I've never heard of that before.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I dont disagree with him. Winnipeg has a lot of roster players. If they could turn laine into something that helps them...why not.. Laine doesn't do much aside from score..which he's not doing much of, and play on the power play. His value is basically the same of the typical lazy goal scoring winger.

I disagree with Laine asking for 10 million though. With this season, its most likely going to be a 1 or 2 year deal to figure out what his value is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->