NBC Opening Round Coverage

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Stevedude530 said:
Games 1 & 2 are June 5th and 7th on OLN. I assume, considering they probly play every other day, it'd be over at latest on the 17th, 18th or 19th (In case they skip 2 days).
are those confirmed starting dates? i may be in the clear if they are.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Not sure of where on the site it is located, but NHL.com and (gulp) ESPN.com have a link for the "NHL Calendar" -- usually states when the 'last possible day' for Game 7 of the Finals will be.

Or you can just take your vacation in July and not worry about it :sarcasm:

jerseydevil

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
MattintheHatt said:
I hate that stigma created around the Devil's brand of hockey...yah, sure, the trap is evil, blah blah blah.

But is wathcing Brodeur be amazing and all that speed they have on that team fun to watch? Gionta Gomez Elias is one of the most entertaining lines in the league!

And it'll be even funner in the playoffs.

SO TRUE! Poeple just live off old stereotypes and it's easy to bash the Devils...Most people don't even take the time to watch Gionta or Gomer or Elias on a night in, night out basis ...and just make uneducated comments like some people have made in this thread above. I believe the last 3 games the Devils played were 6-5, 4-2,4-3..real boring trapping hockey...

And to the Canucks fan who really started bashing the Devs...the Nucks came to NJ this year and put up the laziest most uninspired effort I've ever seen from a hockey team in a while...The Devs shut them out without much of a fight...

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
He'res the NBC Playoff Sched so far:

4/22: Conference Quarterfinals at 3:00 PM
4/23: Conference Quarterfinals at 1:00 PM
4/29: Conference Quarterfinals at 3:00 PM
4/30: Conference Quarterfinals at 2:00 PM
5/6: Conference Semifinals at 2:00 PM
5/7: Conference Semifinals at 2:00 PM
5/13: Conference Semifinals at 2:00 PM
5/14: Conference Semifinals at 2:00 PM
5/20: Conference Finals at 2:00 PM

Last edited:

The Sanchise

Aug 3, 2004
NF Ontario
Stevedude530 said:
You'll all have to suck it up for Devils-Rangers on NBC the opening Sunday. I garantee, it's some combination of Rangers/Flyers, Flyers/Devils, Devils/Rangers.

Isn't it too bad Rangers won't be on NBC because they will be playing Montreal well i predict and that will be all on candian channels and MSG(maybe??) or OLN

Carolina will face New jersey which is a guaranteed to be a series with very little televised but when it is it will be n oln and tsn for us canadians

Ottawa and Tampa BAy, another win for cbc and tsn who will cover that series.

The only east series that will get NBC coverage thankfully will be philly and buffalo, yes televised.

For some reason they don't like showing canadian vs american on NBC.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
That's because Canadian viewers aren't counted in the American ratings.

And I would almost be willing to garantee the Rangers get the Bolts or the Devs, and Montreal gets Ottawa. Carolina will have either Bolts or Devs, and Philly will get Buffalo.

The Sanchise

Aug 3, 2004
NF Ontario
Stevedude530 said:
That's because Canadian viewers aren't counted in the American ratings.

And I would almost be willing to garantee the Rangers get the Bolts or the Devs, and Montreal gets Ottawa. Carolina will have either Bolts or Devs, and Philly will get Buffalo.

No way Montreal falls to 8th. They will get 6th

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Yea, that's looking less and less likely every day.

Anywho, anyone else curious to see what happens if a playoff game on NBC the day of the Kentucky Derby goes into Overtime?

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Stevedude530 said:
Yea, that's looking less and less likely every day.

Anywho, anyone else curious to see what happens if a playoff game on NBC the day of the Kentucky Derby goes into Overtime?

Ack... scary thought.

But considering the Derby is 2 minute 30 second race, surrounded by 2 hours of fluff, is it possible that OT intermission *might* hit at post-time?

There's a few different options they'd have. Scary to contemplate which one the Peacock would use...

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Right now this is what the first weekend should look like.

Saturday, April 21, 3:00 PM
Dallas vs. Colorado
Buffalo vs. Philadelphia

Sunday, April 22, 1:00 PM
New Jersey vs. NY Rangers

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Stevedude530 said:
Right now this is what the first weekend should look like.

Saturday, April 21, 3:00 PM
Dallas vs. Colorado
Buffalo vs. Philadelphia

Buffalo can't host a game on the 21st because there is a concert at HSBC Arena. The series wouldn't be able to start until the 22nd.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
OK.

Then it'd be like this:

4/21 3:00 PM
Dallas vs. Colorado

4/22 1:00 PM
NJ vs. NYR
Philly vs. Buffalo

This would have to happen because MSG has Billy Joel at night for like, a frickin week. Then the 2nd week would probably have the same thing, since CAA has ice skating on 4/29.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stevedude530 said:
OK.

Then it'd be like this:

4/21 3:00 PM
Dallas vs. Colorado

4/22 1:00 PM
NJ vs. NYR
Philly vs. Buffalo

This would have to happen because MSG has Billy Joel at night for like, a frickin week. Then the 2nd week would probably have the same thing, since CAA has ice skating on 4/29.

it also will still depend on who plays who. right now, the flyers can play any team except the lightning or thrashers in round 1.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Philly-NYR would likely be the only game on Sunday if that series happened. They couldn't show NJ-Buffalo due to the market blackout.

rabi

Feb 27, 2002
Lancaster, NY
Visit site
MayDay said:
Buffalo can't host a game on the 21st because there is a concert at HSBC Arena. The series wouldn't be able to start until the 22nd.

his dates are incorrect...Friday is the 21st and Saturday is the 22nd...

Buffalo will host a game on the 22nd, because of the Fall Out Boy concert on Friday night...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad