NBC increasing NHL promotion

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
Watching Sunday Night Football tonight, and I've seen a few promos of some sort, be it commercial or be it in-game, about the NHL on Versus (soon to be NBC Sports.)

Part of it is the new deal, part of it is the Comcast merger, but definitely hockey is getting more advertising and promotion, and that should help try to draw fans into watching.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I've counted 3 so far.

1 read before the kickoff, but during the 8pm hour, 1 ad promo in the second half, and another read shortly after that.

Good to see.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Base...ball?

bush-confused.jpg

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to see the ads, too. A good sign that NBC is starting to recognize the growing popularity of the game and that more and more people are interested in watching.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to see the ads, too. A good sign that NBC is starting to recognize the growing popularity of the game and that more and more people are interested in watching.

shouldn't be surprising...they have a lot invested in the game now that they didnt when it was just a revenue sharing deal.

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL

shouldn't be surprising...they have a lot invested in the game now that they didnt when it was just a revenue sharing deal.

Both have good points, but the bottom line is our beloved sport will benefit regardless. We need to keep watching future NBC events and see what other promotions they have. Will they do promos for the weekday games every week? I hope so.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Both have good points, but the bottom line is our beloved sport will benefit regardless. We need to keep watching future NBC events and see what other promotions they have. Will they do promos for the weekday games every week? I hope so.

I'd bet any amount of money that they will definitely show these promotions throughout the football season and on every event on NBC. It's also great that the Super Bowl will be on NBC this year.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
NBC has done a good job in the past year to promote the game. Having Dan Patrick for the SCF is pretty awesome. Bob Costas for the Winter Classic is also pretty sweet.

Now if only Al Michaels can do some games. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->