NBC Broadcast team for the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefighter Havok

Jul 1, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
After reading an article that had NBC showing up at Wilkes-Barre with the cup in tow. I noticed this...

Three NBC Sports on-air hockey personalities were in Wilkes-Barre for the shoot – John Davidson, Mike Emrick and Pierre Maguire. The three sat on the players’ bench with the Stanley Cup during their shoot. Later, Davidson interviewed Lemieux and Crosby on the ice while leaning on one of the goals.

There you have it...Davidson, Emrick, and Maguire will be your announce team for NBC hockey.

SedinFan*

Beautiful. Some people might not like McGuire, but he provides enthusiasm and excitement, no matter what way you look at it, he'll attract more American viewers than say Harry "i put myself to sleep every night" Neale.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
ummm i like emrick and davidson, but couldn't NBC change things up a bit? I do like more than ONE opinion every now and then.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Zack Attack said:
Beautiful. Some people might not like McGuire, but he provides enthusiasm and excitement, no matter what way you look at it, he'll attract more American viewers than say Harry "i put myself to sleep every night" Neale.

exactly, what I was about to point out ... he's the spark to the kindling so to speak

CupDrought67

Aug 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
Maguire is such a Habs Homer that he'll probably kill more american viewership than gain. I doubt many people care about the habs in the US and you know he's going to bring up the habs everytime he gets the chance.

Doc Emrick: "Hey how about those predators they were impressive last night."
Pierre Maguire: "That's great Doc... How about that Pierre Dagenais shot block!"

Last edited:

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
CupDrought67 said:
It's national coverage.

NBC will air its first National Hockey League games under its new TV rights agreement on Saturday, Jan. 14, with regional coverage of three games. The games are Philadelphia Flyers vs. Colorado Avalanche, New York Rangers vs. Detroit Red Wings, and the Dallas Stars vs. Boston Bruins.

Unless Doc and John plan on calling three simultaneous games, it's regional coverage.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Thunderbird107 said:
Isn't NBC's coverage regional? They're going to need at least 3 or 4 announce teams.

I'm sure that the regular gang (Pang, Engblom, etc.) will drag along to NBC/OLN, there's nothing left for them on ESPN. Unless they get signed to do commentary for individual teams.

I really hope that OLN will somehow get Buccigross to do the NHL 2nite type show... Bucci is awesome.

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
#16 said:
I'm sure that the regular gang (Pang, Engblom, etc.) will drag along to NBC/OLN, there's nothing left for them on ESPN. Unless they get signed to do commentary for individual teams.

I really hope that OLN will somehow get Buccigross to do the NHL 2nite type show... Bucci is awesome.

Panger is with the Coyotes now. Engblom is in Columbus. Not to say they couldn't do it.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Darren Ravell's column about the NHL's "my NHL" also included a quote from "Former ESPN now OLN & NBC Commentator Bill Clement"

Have to think that a lot of the usual suspects will be moving to OLN and NBC. Toss all the announcers that FOX and ABC/ESPN both used in the past 10 years into a hat and start putting your fanatasy hockey announcer team together.

Also, Heistand wrote this in today's USA Today:

"The latest additions to Outdoor Life Network's NHL coverage, which begins Oct. 5: Pierre McGuire as a studio analyst on Monday nights, and game reporters are Chris Simpson and Bob Harwood. All regularly cover hockey on TV in Canada."

Game Reporters = 'Sideline' reporters??

Hecht

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
I remember when Marv Alberts used to do Hockey on NBC...

I wonder if there a some decent regional guys that they would consider.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
#16 said:

I think Pang works for TSN now.. I saw him on there being one of those "remote analysts"

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Hecht said:
I remember when Marv Alberts used to do Hockey on NBC...

I wonder if there a some decent regional guys that they would consider.

Hmmm, sportscasting is such a backbiting business.... :biglaugh:

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
McGuire is still at TSN, he is part of the training camp package that TSN is advertising with McKenzie and Miller.

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
McGuire is still gonna be with Gord Miller for NHL on TSN. NHL on NBC is Mostly saturday afternoon, and CBC has a saturday monopoly so there wont be any games on tsn anyways on that day. they shouldnt conflict. if they do. Cuthbert and Healy (ugh) will do the game.

pang does do some work for tsn to now, i saw him on thats hockey, reda announced him as a hockey anaylst for the network. i dont think he will do alot, just from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->