TV: NBC announces fall schedule (B99 held to Midseason Timeless MIA)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
NBC Fall Schedule: SVU, The Blacklist on the Move, One Chicago Night, B99 Held to Midseason, Timeless in Limbo

MONDAY
8 pm The Voice
10 pm MANIFEST (WATCH TRAILER)
TUESDAY
8 pm The Voice
9 pm This Is Us
10 pm NEW AMSTERDAM (WATCH TRAILER)
WEDNESDAY
8 pm Chicago Med (new time slot)
9 pm Chicago Fire (new time slot)
10 pm Chicago P.D.
THURSDAY
8 pm Superstore
8:30 pm The Good Place
9 pm Will & Grace
9:30 pm I FEEL BAD (WATCH TRAILER)
10 pm Law & Order: SVU (new time slot)
FRIDAY
8 pm Blindspot
9 pm Midnight Texas (new time slot)
10 pm Dateline NBC
SATURDAY
8 pm Dateline Saturday Night Mystery
10 pm Saturday Night Live (encore)
11:30 pm Saturday Night Live
SUNDAY
7 pm Football Night in American
8:20 pm Sunday Night Football
fall-tv-schedule-midseason1.png

A.P. Bio, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Blacklist, Good Girls, World of Dance, Ellen’s Game of Games, AMERICA’S GOT TALENT: THE CHAMPIONS, THE TITAN GAMES, ABBY’S, THE ENEMY WITHIN, THE VILLAGE and THE INBETWEEN

Last edited:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This doesn't surprise me in the least - only because B99 was a Universal show to begin with. There's a long and uncomfortable history of networks airing sitcoms they didn't own, but that's a practice that has effectively become extinct, with this being one of the last examples.

NBC passing on Brooklyn Nine-Nine five years ago was a very NBC decision of five years ago.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
“Ever since we sold this show to Fox, I’ve regretted letting it get away, and it’s high time it came back to its rightful home,” NBC entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement

Yeah...That's BS

It's just padding syndication numbers for a shown that they already own. Hence why they were only given 13 episodes.

Similar to ABC saving a past it's prime Scrubs from NBC. Midseason filler.

hopefully it does well and keeps going

so netflix passed?

Both Netflix and Hulu declined on another season. This was the best they could get.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yeah...That's BS

It's just padding syndication numbers for a shown that they already own. Hence why they were only given 13 episodes.

Similar to ABC saving a past it's prime Scrubs from NBC. Midseason filler.

Both Netflix and Hulu declined on another season. This was the best they could get.

B99 is on net flix already

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
GREAT news! Since B99 writers Goor and Schur were also behind NBC's The Office & Parks And Recreation, I wouldn't be surprised if "Amy Poehler" or "Michael Scott" stopped by the precinct. Maybe even Will Forte and Jason Sidekicks, both also NBC alum (from their days on SNL) who also saw their show canceled by Fox (Last Man On Earth), could also become recurring characters a la "The Office" alum Craig Robinson.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
MONDAY
8 pm The Voice
10 pm MANIFEST (WATCH TRAILER)
TUESDAY
8 pm The Voice
9 pm This Is Us
10 pm NEW AMSTERDAM (WATCH TRAILER)
WEDNESDAY
8 pm Chicago Med (new time slot)
9 pm Chicago Fire (new time slot)
10 pm Chicago P.D.
THURSDAY
8 pm Superstore
8:30 pm The Good Place
9 pm Will & Grace
9:30 pm I FEEL BAD (WATCH TRAILER)
10 pm Law & Order: SVU (new time slot)
FRIDAY
8 pm Blindspot
9 pm Midnight Texas (new time slot)
10 pm Dateline NBC
SATURDAY
8 pm Dateline Saturday Night Mystery
10 pm Saturday Night Live (encore)
11:30 pm Saturday Night Live
SUNDAY
7 pm Football Night in American
8:20 pm Sunday Night Football
fall-tv-schedule-midseason1.png

A.P. Bio, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Blacklist, Good Girls, World of Dance, Ellen’s Game of Games, AMERICA’S GOT TALENT: THE CHAMPIONS, THE TITAN GAMES, ABBY’S, THE ENEMY WITHIN, THE VILLAGE and THE INBETWEEN

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
i feel bad looks so awful. has kellerman from prison break and jay from inbetweeners and i still wouldnt watch it if my life depended on it

new amsterdam looks interesting but wasnt there already a show with that name with jaime lannister in it

and oh cool another show where people go missing and mysteriously show back up, this time while borrowing from lost. what an amazing concept! acting looks awful too

new amsterdam looks like the only one thats even half decent as long as it isnt too cheesy

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
i feel bad looks so awful. has kellerman from prison break and jay from inbetweeners and i still wouldnt watch it if my life depended on it

new amsterdam looks interesting but wasnt there already a show with that name with jaime lannister in it

and oh cool another show where people go missing and mysteriously show back up, this time while borrowing from lost. what an amazing concept! acting looks awful too

new amsterdam looks like the only one thats even half decent as long as it isnt too cheesy

I think they are holding Blacklist and B99 back due to a few of their mew shows look like they will fails

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Netflix is paying NBC for this already--so in a sense they are helping to underwrite the cost of the show
I think its a Hulu property in the United States, whereas Netflix has its international rights. Due to this, Netflix probably had limited interest in picking it up, unless they could control the original 5 seasons streaming rights domestically.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think its a Hulu property in the United States, whereas Netflix has its international rights. Due to this, Netflix probably had limited interest in picking it up, unless they could control the original 5 seasons streaming rights domestically.

Correct--Hulu has the Streaming Rights to B99 here in the US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad