NBC announces complete Olympic Hockey coverage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Has CBC posted a hockey schedule anywhere? I looked all over the CBC site and couldn't find anything.

If CBC is splitting time with TSN, then I could see all the games being televised at some point (although they might give precedence to some poor Canadian medal hopeful).

LannysStach

Thou shall
Dec 13, 2004
NYC & Toronto
this is huge and great news.
in the last Olympics NBC had amazingly great coverage, every game in its entirety as i remember it. they use their secondary networks CNBC and MSNBC so they don't screw up their big-money net.

for feb 22nd q-final day, games start at 10:30 & 11:30 AM eastern north america time, the other two start at 2:30 and 3:30 PM eastern. that WILL be a great day for hockey! :)

AXN

Feb 10, 2004
It's in the afternoon. That is great news. I expected midnight.

Easton

Aug 7, 2005
Are they stating that they will guarantee to cover every U.S. hockey game, or every hockey game regardless of the country?

Edit: Nevermind. If they plan on broadcasting every game, how is that possible? Some of the games are broadcasted within an hour's difference.

Jazz

Easton said:
Are they stating that they will guarantee to cover every U.S. hockey game, or every hockey game regardless of the country?

Edit: Nevermind. If they plan on broadcasting every game, how is that possible? Some of the games are broadcasted within an hour's difference.
They have more than 1 station (ie, NBC affiliate) involved with the hockey tournament.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Jazz said:
They have more than 1 station (ie, NBC affiliate) involved with the hockey tournament.

NBC, MSNBC, ABC is there more?

I would like to watch some games involving countries other than USA and Canada, so any linkies to official broadcast scheds would be appreciated.

Easton

Aug 7, 2005
NBC and MSNBC only. ABC and ESPN are owned by Disney, which doesn't broadcast hockey anymore.

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Easton said:
NBC and MSNBC only. ABC and ESPN are owned by Disney, which doesn't broadcast hockey anymore.

Actually, USA will be broadcasting some of the men's and women's games, commercial free.

USA Hockey Coverage

I'm trying to find a TV listing for the men's scedule, if I can't find a suitable link, then I will just take the information and create the schedule over here. If that's OK with everyone?

;)

Last edited:

LannysStach

Thou shall
Dec 13, 2004
NYC & Toronto
looks like CBC is covering all the Canada games . . .

cbc.ca, then then click on TV, and the calendar comes up on the right, click any day for the broadcast schedule.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Hmmm, well hopefully my MSNBC digital cable link will pick these up in Canada....

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Epsilon said:
Good to hear all the men's hockey games will be on, but do they really need to bother with the women's games? Surely there's better stuff on to watch than that.

they should play other non-USA mens games during those time slots, minus the womens championship game

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
CTBruins87 said:
There is NOTHING wrong with curling. :)
I rather watch curling than short track speed skating. Remember how ridiculous some of the climaxes at the last Olympic were? I remember a guy winning a medal by crawling to the finish line or the least fastest skater winning gold because those before all fell down. They're like gladiators on skates... ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->