Injury Report: NBA players testing positive for coronavirus

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
fzYVH02.jpg

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Getting sick doesn't make one an idiot.

No...
But when he goes around and touch everything he can get his hands on...
In the midst of a pandemic that has an incubation of 14 days and more...
That makes him an idiot.
He admitted as much in his apology tweet.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
How do you know it was him that contracted the virus initially? Maybe Mitchell or Mudiay spread it to him? This is a bit ridiculous.

That is a fair point.
He was the first to show symptoms...
So he automatically becomes the scapegoat.

That said...
He did went around and touched everything he could get his hands on...
So he deserves the flack he currently gets.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
No...
But when he goes around and touch everything he can get his hands on...
In the midst of a pandemic that has an incubation of 14 days and more...
That makes him an idiot.
He admitted as much in his apology tweet.
Yep, I posted that not understanding the full story.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
That is a fair point.
He was the first to show symptoms...
So he automatically becomes the scapegoat.

That said...
He did went around and touched everything he can get his hands on...
So he deserves the flack he currently gets.
I think it’s fair to criticize him for doing that, I just don’t understand people acting like he’s the one responsible for the league getting suspended.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Not the biggest fish to fry right now, but I don't know how the NBA doesn't do at least something. People are very likely going to die because of what he did. We don't know the full extent of how reckless he was in the dressing room with the team but I'm sure that's all well documented with the team.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Westerly child who tested positive for coronavirus had contact with Rudy Gobert at Boston Celtics vs. Utah Jazz game

Hurricanes announcer in self-isolation after staying in Rudy Gobert's room

Already starting to see a trail of cases when Gobert wasn't intentionally being ignorant and negligent. Hope Gobert enjoys living with himself for the rest of his life. Wish him nothing but the worst in his career going forward. When the NBA resumes in the future I hope he gets vilified to such an extreme degree that he quits.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It almost seems impossible that none of them have it unless Gobert contracted the virus after the game...

I mean, this happened during that game. Literally 3 seconds after Gobert puts his hands all over the ball, Ibaka kisses it.

This is a sport where they constantly using their bare hands in various ways to play the game, they all touch the same ball frequently, and everyone is in shorts and most players don't use sleeves. All while sweating and frequently drinking fluids. By all accounts, all it takes is a ''droplet'' and you can infect somebody.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
They were in California last week and were in SF when everything was cancelled. No surprise.

7 NBA players now. It's frankly amazing at this point no NHLers have tested positive.

Edit: And nearly 7 hours later, an Ottawa Senator has tested positive.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They were in California last week and were in SF when everything was cancelled. No surprise.

7 NBA players now. It's frankly amazing at this point no NHLers have tested positive.

Edit: And nearly 7 hours later, an Ottawa Senator has tested positive.

And the grandstanding mayor of NYC attacked them for testing the players, somehow oblivious that NBA players by the very nature of their job were at a very high risk of infecting other players and who also (as celebrities) come into contact with lots of people and in fact perform in front of thousands of people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad