NBA MVP Giannis or Harden?

Who should win the NBA MVP

• Total voters

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Greek Freak for me

Harden has gaudy numbers, but he's also gotten them by being a chucker. 24 shots per game and 44% shooting arent that good.

Giannis is the best player on the best team in the league

Reactions: Stylizer1

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Greek Freak for me

Harden has gaudy numbers, but he's also gotten them by being a chucker. 24 shots per game and 44% shooting arent that good.

harden takes over 50% of his shots from behind the 3 point line. houston's shooting % as a team is also just 0.08 higher and eFG% is essentially same.

don't mind at all giving it to giannis though.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Greek Freak for me

Harden has a .615 TS%

To put that in perspective, Jordan's career high is .614%. Bird's career high is .612%

Reactions: Golden Puppers

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Voted Harden because his season has been historic, but there's no wrong answer. I think Giannis will win though.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Harden is amazing, but propped up by his ridiculous usage. I don't think his season is as good as Giannis overall.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
If there was ever a season where two guys should get it, it's this one. Of course I'm biased so Harden. Even watching him for a few years I haven't seen anything like this. And he's doing it in the West, where the competition is much tougher.

To Harden's credit though, he's blown off all talk here locally about the MVP "race". Just wants the team to win.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Harden but I expect the criteria to do a complete 180 from 2 years ago just to deny Harden again.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

All you need to see.

Should be Giannis but voters love high numbers so Harden might be able to get this one.

Lmfao are you seriously suggesting voters would choose Harden over another player in an MVP race? Have you paid any attention these past few years?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Well they should love high numbers. It means you are better.

Not always. Giannis is overall the better basketball player even if he doesn't average 35 PPG.

Besides, Kobe averaged 30+ two years in a row and got shafted by the voters both times so who knows.

Lmfao are you seriously suggesting voters would choose Harden over another player in an MVP race? Have you paid any attention these past few years?

Yea both times there were better players....

2017 had Russ averaging a triple-double, the first time someone did that since The Big O 40+ years ago as well as dragging the Thudner to the playoffs by himself. Of course now he's averaged a triple-double 3 years in a. row so the "shine" may have worn off but it was a historic and remarkable feat. Think of how many great players played in this league and never did it.

2016 was an absolute historic season from Curry. Among many things he was the first player to ever drain 300 & then 400 three pointers in a season, his team set the wins record, made it to the 50-40-90 club etc.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I can see an argument for both. Personally, I like Giannis and the way he plays a little bit better, but to dismiss Harden is downright dumb. He is an amazing talent that takes full advantage of today's basketball landscape.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I can see an argument for both. Personally, I like Giannis and the way he plays a little bit better, but to dismiss Harden is downright dumb. He is an amazing talent that takes full advantage of today's basketball landscape.

Agree. If Giannis wins I'll be stoked for him as he's clearly worthy of it but those dismissing Harden are either haters or just plain dumb.

Reactions: Ivan13

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
It’s a flip of a coin tbh. Giannis is probably the best all around player in the league right now and is poised to dominant for years to come, while Harden is having the greatest offensive seasons by a guard since MJ and should’ve won at least 2 MVPs by now.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Giannis. I haven't seen this kind of dominance (particularly in the paint) since I was in grade school.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad