Post-Game Talk: NBA ECF Game 2 - Celtics fall apart in 2nd Half and now down 0-2 in ECF

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I'm at the point where I think Ainge needs to send a message through to the young guys at this point that they aren't as hot as they think they are. Too many times in these playoffs this team has devolved into iso ball and all about me bullshit. That needs to stop and I think the only way to send that message is to, unfortunately, fire Stevens. They just don't seem to be responding when it counts. They need someone who can beat these guys down and get them to cut the bullshit and play like a team.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The constant third quarter meltdowns that have been taking place all playoffs long is on coaching.

I know Brad Stevens is supposed to be some boy wonder, but this is some terrible coaching and his job should be on the line.

Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The constant third quarter meltdowns that have been taking place all playoffs long is on coaching.

I know Brad Stevens is supposed to be some boy wonder, but this is some terrible coaching and his job should be on the line.

Exactly. A team doesn't give up those kind of leads if the coach has half a clue of how to run a defense. Stevens looks like he's over his head trying to run the Old Hickory crap and I say this as someone who really likes the guy. But something's got to give here and if the coach is not able to get his team to play hard for all 48 minutes in the playoffs and hold a lead, then he needs to go. Question is who do they get to replace Stevens?

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL

Trips to ECF are not cutting it now, no Lebron to play against, they beat the Raptors & no Bucks. I know Miami has played great in the bubble.

You can't throw the ball away, they blow leads & it leads to chaos.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nobody because there is nobody better, talk about firing Stevens is overreacting. They weren’t even supposed to get this far this season....

looks like Smart is yelling at the boys

I don’t see this as the team “imploding”. The play on the court sure, but Marcus Smart getting angry? Not even a little bit lol

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

picard-facepalm.jpg

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Should be directed at the coaches and Tatum. Whatever is done at halftime clearly doesn't work as the celtics are a terrible 3rd quarter team and down the stretch Tatum was just a mess. Summed up by him just standing there when he should have grabbed the rebound with no one around him. Guys like Kemba, Smart, Brown may not have had a perfect game but at least they made some big players and were moving around out there. Tatum completely killed the offense in the final minute of the 2nd quarter with terrible shots when thee lead could have moved to 20 and then watched Jimmy Butler dominate him in the clutch for the 2nd straight game.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

These quotes from Brad make him sound like an emotionless robot. Does he even know how to show emotion?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Trips to ECF are not cutting it now, no Lebron to play against, they beat the Raptors & no Bucks. I know Miami has played great in the bubble.

You can't throw the ball away, they blow leads & it leads to chaos.
Now, I know nothing about basketball, but this is their biggest chance since 2012 to go to the finals.

The Bucks choked, they got through the Raptors, Lebron is in the other conference, and they're going to blow it to f***ing Miami? Pathetic.

But who am I to talk, I know nothing about basketball.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Nobody because there is nobody better, talk about firing Stevens is overreacting. They weren’t even supposed to get this far this season....

looks like Smart is yelling at the boys

I don’t see this as the team “imploding”. The play on the court sure, but Marcus Smart getting angry? Not even a little bit lol

I love that Marcus is pissed and is yelling at guys.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Now, I know nothing about basketball, but this is their biggest chance since 2012 to go to the finals.

The Bucks choked, they got through the Raptors, Lebron is in the other conference, and they're going to blow it to f***ing Miami? Pathetic.

But who am I to talk, I know nothing about basketball.

If the Heat beat the Celtics too did the bucks really choke? I think at that point the Heat would have proved themselves to be the best team in the East.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yelling “Y’all on that bullshit” as your leaving is the new chucking your keys across the parking garage and calling your team a bunch of sissies

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
If there's a frustrating part, it's that in the 5 games they've lost in the playoffs, they've averaged ending regulation down 2.6 points (includes two OT games). The difference in these games is 1 or 2 possessions. They're not getting blown out.

Stevens isn't getting fired even if they're swept, so stop with that nonsense. Everyone deserves blame, coaches and players. The players need more mental fortitude. They've been collapsing at the first sign of trouble, and then they try to turn it into hero ball.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Have to say i'm jealous of Miami's depth though. They're able to bring on players like Herro, Iguodala and Olynyk off the bench and were able to get Crowder as well in that Iguodala trade. Meanwhile the Celtics in the CONFERENCE FINALS are giving meaningful minutes to Semi Ojeleye, Brad Wanamaker who's actually played well in these two games and Enes Kanter. Danny Ainge loves to hold onto his first round picks though, can't wait to see the new Zizic and Yabusele's Ainge drafts because there's no room for them on the current roster

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Have to say i'm jealous of Miami's depth though. They're able to bring on players like Herro, Iguodala and Olynyk off the bench and were able to get Crowder as well in that Iguodala trade. Meanwhile the Celtics in the CONFERENCE FINALS are giving meaningful minutes to Semi Ojeleye, Brad Wanamaker who's actually played well in these two games and Enes Kanter. Danny Ainge loves to hold onto his first round picks though, can't wait to see the new Zizic and Yabusele's Ainge drafts because there's no room for them on the current roster

Can't wait for the next RJ Hunter and James Young. :help:

Also, I seem to remember having a player just like Olynyk three seasons ago. Hmmmmmm. But that must be just nothing. :sarcasm:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
If there's a frustrating part, it's that in the 5 games they've lost in the playoffs, they've averaged ending regulation down 2.6 points (includes two OT games). The difference in these games is 1 or 2 possessions. They're not getting blown out.

Stevens isn't getting fired even if they're swept, so stop with that nonsense. Everyone deserves blame, coaches and players. The players need more mental fortitude. They've been collapsing at the first sign of trouble, and then they try to turn it into hero ball.

A team with a proper coach doesn't give up almost 40 points in one f***ing quarter after carrying a first half lead. Only clowns like Avery Johnson do that (who was the coach of the Nets in 02).

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

It would be nice if Tatum actually converted this into something rather than just be frustrated and down.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
A team with a proper coach doesn't give up almost 40 points in one f***ing quarter after carrying a first half lead. Only clowns like Avery Johnson do that (who was the coach of the Nets in 02).

I'm going to blame the coaches for something like that in the NFL, not the NBA. The NBA is almost always about the players, and they've choked. They badly need Hayward back as an unselfish facilitator.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->