OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's my main issue. The guys who have been carrying us are guys who probably won't be here next season.
Last night they were, but the kids have been getting plenty of PT this season and been key to our wins. So it's not a faux-rebuild.

Yeah.
I want guards. I also want to move Hardaway to the bench.

I trust that Knox will get better going forward. He's just very raw right now.

We're in no position to not draft BPA. If you've got the 4th pick you take whichever of RJ, Cam or Nas is still there for you. Romeo looking more athletic the further he gets from his back problem helps his case for #5; especially if he can clean up his mechanics in that time he'll have between the college season ending & the pre-draft workouts. But taking him over any of the big 4 would be a mistake.

There's plenty of PT for Knox, one of the big 4, KP, Mitch & KD if he'll sign with us. And if we do land KD, I'd wager on THJ's then-expiring to be used in a trade for a better established 3rd option in the summer of 2020.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
THJ hopefully won't be here next season. If Perry can dump him somehow.

I don't think they would. They probably could get an expiring for him right now, but I don't see the FO giving up on Timmy until they hear from 2 max cats that we'll need the capspace.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Watching Doncic continue to put on a show and realize we could've gotten him if we traded Kanter and Co. down the stretch last season.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Doncic is going to be a star. Atlanta ****ed up.
Young's really good as well But Doncic is gonna be insane
The real loser in this situation are the Cavs who coulda moved up to that pick if they took on Kent Bazemores contract

Reactions: darko

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Young's really good as well But Doncic is gonna be insane
The real loser in this situation are the Cavs who coulda moved up to that pick if they took on Kent Bazemores contract

I just think the moment Kings took Bagley it was a no brainer decision for Atlanta to take Doncic. Trea Young will be a good player I agree there.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Frank 20+ pts, not a single bucket, worst shooting splits in his draft class. Needs to go to G-League to develop offense, because it certainly won't happen in this ISO-heavy system.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The Tanner Glass of basketball gets a horrible article justifying his existence to fans:

The Hoops Whisperer | Brooklyn Nets

Pretty sure this gave me sars @Brooklyn Rangers Fan
Hahaha. He doesn't bother me as much as he bothers you – I see him more as a McQuaid than a Glass. :)

Contract expires after this year, provides veteran leadership, will get moved at the TDL. I'd be more bugged by his PT if it were February.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Last Portland possession and Knicks needed a stop. Four guard small ball lineup losing a rebound when they needed it most. Cmon Fiz , get a big guy in there.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I didn't know the Knicks were still a thing!

Really though, I know Krapsniff Mandingo is injured, and we have the other guy with the unusual last name, but who else do we have? Anything promising that would give you hope this thing gets turned around in a couple years?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Really though, I know Krapsniff Mandingo is injured, and we have the other guy with the unusual last name, but who else do we have? Anything promising that would give you hope this thing gets turned around in a couple years?
We'll probably know more after the draft, but as it stands, I don't think the current crop of players are going to be star players.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Meanwhile, the Nets gritting out a win against the Heat, climbing back towards .500 without Caris. The Fro is a player, and they have a real question to answer come this offseason with D'Angelo...

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Knicks are definitely tanking. Fizdale pulls a red hot Burke with 5 minutes left in the 4th, and puts a cold Mudiay in. lol
Plays inexperienced young players during crunch time too.

I don’t think his coaching should be analyzed too closely for this season. It’s obvious what they’re trying for. I don’t think they’re thrilled about Porzingis being vocal about being ready soon.

Coaches do tank though, but they have to have job security and an okay from management. Which is what Fizdale has.

Reactions: cgf

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Knicks are definitely tanking. Fizdale pulls a red hot Burke with 5 minutes left in the 4th, and puts a cold Mudiay in. lol
Plays inexperienced young players during crunch time too.

I don’t think his coaching should be analyzed too closely for this season. It’s obvious what they’re trying for. I don’t think they’re thrilled about Porzingis being vocal about being ready soon.

Coaches do tank though, but they have to have job security and an okay from management. Which is what Fizdale has.

Yeah I agree. They actively look like they're tanking. He's also started using Mudiay down the stretch on d, with Frank on the bench. They get torched when Frank sits and Mudiay/Burke are in.

He started the worst defensive unit possible last night. Kanter, Mario, Mudiay and THJ with Vonleh (who is fine).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

There's a number of guys who like they could be a good rotation guys or complementary starters. But there's not much offensive star potential outside of KP & possibly Knox...although he's very young and still raw, I really like his shot mechanics and he's got a solid handle for a 6'9"er with long arms.

That said; Knox is the only one of the young core who's a defensive liability, and he has the length & hips to become a capable defender as he grows into his body & learns the NBA game. Of the others KP, Ntilikina & Robinson have the potential to be special defenders who crack the all-defensive team in their primes, Dotson & Vonleh are both positives defensively, and Trier has been better than expected as a rookie.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I really don’t wanna see Mudiay again. I don’t care if Frank and Trier have awful games. It’s a lost year. Stop giving their mins to Mudiay.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
We're winning too many games. I don't have issues wit that if we had a Donavon Mitchell or Doncic winning for us, but it's Kanter, THJ, Burke and Mudiay who have been carrying us while Knox et Ntilikina ride pine. What makes this iteration of the Knicks promising? It's the same shit every year. Win too many games to get project guys like Frank, Knox, etec instead of true potential superstars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac n Gs

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
We're winning too many games. I don't have issues wit that if we had a Donavon Mitchell or Doncic winning for us, but it's Kanter, THJ, Burke and Mudiay who have been carrying us while Knox et Ntilikina ride pine. What makes this iteration of the Knicks promising? It's the same **** every year. Win too many games to get project guys like Frank, Knox, etec instead of true potential superstars.
Tanking in the NBA is pointless. The last 1OA player to win a championship with the team who drafted him was Kyrie Irving and he probably . The player before that was Tim Duncan (LeBron doesn't qualify IMO because he was a UFA twice before eventually winning with the team who drafted him).

effen

Feb 3, 2018
We're winning too many games. I don't have issues wit that if we had a Donavon Mitchell or Doncic winning for us, but it's Kanter, THJ, Burke and Mudiay who have been carrying us while Knox et Ntilikina ride pine. What makes this iteration of the Knicks promising? It's the same **** every year. Win too many games to get project guys like Frank, Knox, etec instead of true potential superstars.
no

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Tanking in the NBA is pointless. The last 1OA player to win a championship with the team who drafted him was Kyrie Irving and he probably . The player before that was Tim Duncan (LeBron doesn't qualify IMO because he was a UFA twice before eventually winning with the team who drafted him).
It still puts team in position to draft better players.

Reactions: Mac n Gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->