OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
So maybe best course of action this offseason for the Knicks:

Derozan as key FA addition. P Gasol on MLE.

Starting:

Grant
Derozan
Melo
ZinGod
Lopez

Bench:
Galloway
Afflalo
Williams
Pau
Seraphin

How about we stop signing over the hill aging stars and keep on going in the direction we are going in

Forget Gasol

Derozan i can live with,but hes going to expect the moon

If we've learned anything these past few years,you cant strap yourself into financial Salary Cap hell (see Melo,Stat) and expect to field a competitive team with the remaining few dollars

BarbaraAlphanse

How about we stop signing over the hill aging stars and keep on going in the direction we are going in

Forget Gasol

Derozan i can live with,but hes going to expect the moon

If we've learned anything these past few years,you cant strap yourself into financial Salary Cap hell (see Melo,Stat) and expect to field a competitive team with the remaining few dollars

As MLE he'd expire after 1 year and I believe wouldn't count against the cap... And considering Phil compared Zingus to him, I feel like there could be no better mentor.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Yeah I don't think the Knicks need to sign anyone significant for next season right now. Let's see how the kids and glue guys on this team come together and see if we can trade Melo for a younger player or a high pick if he has a bounce back year. I don't want him contaminating or stunting all the young guys. A guy like Clean-Anthony Early would probably flourish without Melo.

BarbaraAlphanse

Yeah I don't think the Knicks need to sign anyone significant for next season right now. Let's see how the kids and glue guys on this team come together and see if we can trade Melo for a younger player or a high pick if he has a bounce back year. I don't want him contaminating or stunting all the young guys. A guy like Clean-Anthony Early would probably flourish without Melo.

I was on the trade Melo bandwagon. Guys seem to be rallying around him.

With Derozan and a solid bench, I think this team could be lethal.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
As MLE he'd expire after 1 year and I believe wouldn't count against the cap... And considering Phil compared Zingus to him, I feel like there could be no better mentor.

I see more Dirk Nowitzki in Zingus than Pau Gasol.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I don't see either Nowitzki or Gasol. Are people comparing them because their Euros?

He seems more of a taller, little less explosive Anthony Davis.

Overall, I think KP6 is his own entity. Any comparison is hard because he's a unique talent.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Melo has actually looked good this year- his man D is the best in his career and he's effectively facilitated the offense. His percentages are down but if they come back up Carmelo is gonna ball.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't see either Nowitzki or Gasol. Are people comparing them because their Euros?

He seems more of a taller, little less explosive Anthony Davis.

Overall, I think KP6 is his own entity. Any comparison is hard because he's a unique talent.

He is kinda unique.

Pau is a spot up shooter. He'll take the open shot and needs a PG to get him the ball. Dirk can create his shot.

I use to watch a lot of basketball when Dirk was coming through (end of Bulls era, start of Lakers era, Sacramento Kings etc.) and I just see comparisons to young Dirk.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013

Problem with that is-He's not going to accept an MLE to come to a team that is nowhere near a championship.He's going to want to sign with someone that can contend for a title now,not play out his last few remaining years on a bubble playoff team

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Good win yesterday. Knicks dominated the OKC Westbrook's for 3 quarters.

Woulda like to see them get Kristaps involved in the offense more early. He hit a beautiful 3 and nabbed 2 tough rebounds and then it feels like he got froze out a little.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I actually watched more of the Knicks than the Rangers for the first time ever. What a scrappy team. I love the effort. They need to clean up the offensive rebounding and perhaps some dudes in the deep bench shouldn't get as many minutes. But it's early. That said, KP6 is a player. Damnit what a player.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
KP was just awesome...the silky smooth stroke, the athleticism and the length inside...two key blocks on Harden down the stretch. And, his rebounding has been a revelation.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The Knicks have the 4th best defensive statistics in the league when Porzingod is on the floor. He's a two-way monster and he's only 20.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The Knicks have the 4th best defensive statistics in the league when Porzingod is on the floor. He's a two-way monster and he's only 20.

As a Knicks fan, I'm starting to love this pick more and more.

I had liked the pick initially, so it's not surprising, but he's already doing even better than I thought he would.

He's still only 20. Sky's the limit for him if he can stay healthy and bulk up a bit more.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Even in a bad game by Porzingis, he still gets 20/14/2.

Dude's a beast. Terrible first half kinda doomed the Knicks. I did appreciate their bounceback in the second half, though.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
The Knicks were awful shooting today. They got outworked in the first half but still hustled in the second and tried to make the comeback but the bad shooting doomed them in the end. But there was hustle. That's all I want to see. It adds up.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The second quarter was kind of uncanny. NOBODY was hitting a thing. They'd get 2 or 3 chances on a possession and everyone would shoot a brick.

Good to see KP end up with a good line nonetheless. He was physically bullied a bit by Whiteside (what a find for the Heat, btw; great young player) but was not bad overall.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Next time KP should take most of the 3's in that kind of situation instead of having Galloway continue to miss or have Lou Amundson of all people try to penetrate. Afflalo also couldn't buy a basket today.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Knicks looking good. Kristaps is a rebounding machine.

Love to see Harden struggle. Travelling and flopping forever. Close this out and get the W.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Knicks just UNBELIEVABLY blew a double digit lead.

Afflalo is having a tremendous game, though.

edit- wow, bad officiating ****ing over the Knicks. Missed a moving screen, and also missed a double dribble late in the 4th Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad