OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
So that Brad Stevens guy is a pretty good coach, huh?

Amazing what they've done in this series so many injuries.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Why? Don’t say Marc Gasol. Don’t bring that noise in here.
KP isn’t going anywhere. Dolan knows you need a superstar to build around in the NBA, and we got lucky to get one at 4OA. His timetable for getting healthy does nothing for his trade value either

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
KP isn’t going anywhere. Dolan knows you need a superstar to build around in the NBA, and we got lucky to get one at 4OA. His timetable for getting healthy does nothing for his trade value either

Oh I agree. But this stupid idea that bc Fizz didn’t get along with another euro big man, it should gonna be a problem with KP is out there now.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
My top nine prospects (in order):

1. Luka Doncic (Slovenia)
2. Deandre Ayton (Arizona)
3. Jaren Jackson Jr. (Michigan State)
4. Mo Bamba (Texas)
5. Marvin Bagley III (Duke)
6. Wendell Carter Jr. (Duke)
7. Michael Porter Jr. (Missouri)
8. Collin Sexton (Alabama)
9. Mikal Bridges (Villanova)

I think if the Knicks wind up with Porter Jr. and the doctor are comfortable with his health, it'll be a huge win.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
My top nine prospects (in order):

1. Luka Doncic (Slovenia)
2. Deandre Ayton (Arizona)
3. Jaren Jackson Jr. (Michigan State)
4. Mo Bamba (Texas)
5. Marvin Bagley III (Duke)
6. Wendell Carter Jr. (Duke)
7. Michael Porter Jr. (Missouri)
8. Collin Sexton (Alabama)
9. Mikal Bridges (Villanova)

I think if the Knicks wind up with Porter Jr. and the doctor are comfortable with his health, it'll be a huge win.

Is Trae Young 10th? I don't think he makes it past the Cavs. Even if LeBron stays, they know it will be for a limited amount of time. Young has the superstar potential that Sexton doesn't have.

If he is there at 9, the Knicks better take him, unless Michael Porter is there. Porter is this year's Dennis Smith. I would take Porter Jr. in the top 5.

Ntilikina is someone we can have play off the ball. Can never have enough good ball handlers though.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Is Trae Young 10th? I don't think he makes it past the Cavs. Even if LeBron stays, they know it will be for a limited amount of time. Young has the superstar potential that Sexton doesn't have.

If he is there at 9, the Knicks better take him, unless Michael Porter is there. Porter is this year's Dennis Smith. I would take Porter Jr. in the top 5.

Ntilikina is someone we can have play off the ball. Can never have enough good ball handlers though.

Young is undersized, a mediocre athlete, and his shooting declined significantly once teams started keying on him. I actually think he's a bit redundant with Trey Burke on the team.

Reactions: All Might

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I want a wing like Mikal Bridges. Maybe the unthinkable happens and MJP slips or something stupid like Jaren Jackson, Bagley, or Wendell Carter falling to 9

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Young is undersized, a mediocre athlete, and his shooting declined significantly once teams started keying on him. I actually think he's a bit redundant with Trey Burke on the team.

I would not bank on Trey Burke at this point. We'll see what happens when he comes into camp.

Young also has a super high ceiling. He was on a team that didn't have much, he was a freshman, and he dominated college basketball. Last guy who did that was Ben Simmons. I think I'll take the raw talent.

The NBA is also a shooting league now. You need guys who can create their own shot. The Knicks have one player right now who can do that, and he tore his ACL. Not only that, he's a distributor.

I'd be inclined to take him if I was any team picking 6 or later. There are some elite talents with size and athleticism in the draft that should be top 5 picks. He's got the talent to play with those guys, but he's on the smaller side.

On a side note, I'm not that impressed with Marvin Bagley. If there is a top 5 pick that I'd predict would bust, it is him. I don't trust Duke players in the NBA.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I like Bagley III slightly more than Carter Jr., but I agree, I think Bagley's floor is very low, especially when you consider how awful he is on D.

In my ideal world, Michael Porter Jr. falls to 9 due to medical concerns about his back, but the concerns turn out to be a bunch of hot air. That the back surgery fixed the problem and Porter Jr.'s struggles after returning from injury were due to being rushed back so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad