OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Good thing we kept Kanter and Beasley to win those meaningless games down the stretch.

Can't wait to pick up another ntilikina.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Good thing we kept Kanter and Beasley to win those meaningless games down the stretch.

Giving up on Frank already?

You must've been one of those that booed Porzingis on draft day.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Its a much stronger draft this year. There's a great chance someone like Mikal Bridges or Mo Bamba will be available when we pick

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Ten for ten

Zack Collins
Thon Maker
Justice Winslow
Effrid Payton
Michael Carter Williams
Austin Rivers
Jimmer Fredette
Paul George
Brandon Jennings
Brook Lopez

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Give Frank time.

I don't think he'll ever be a star but he could be a very good player.
Yeah he has the tools - amazing size for a PG, great side-to-side movement, and I think he's already a good passer. I just don't know if his shot will ever develop to what it needs to be. Plus I'm not sure the front office thought too highly off him when they bought in Burke and Mudiay to take away his minutes down the stretch.

It hurts when you see so many picks around him that took off this season. I don't really have confidence in the front office's ability to assess talent.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah he has the tools - amazing size for a PG, great side-to-side movement, and I think he's already a good passer. I just don't know if his shot will ever develop to what it needs to be. Plus I'm not sure the front office thought too highly off him when they bought in Burke and Mudiay to take away his minutes down the stretch.

It hurts when you see so many picks around him that took off this season. I don't really have confidence in the front office's ability to assess talent.
He’s also one of the youngest players in the league and already has ridiculous defensive skills. We just need to be patient.

f*** the Bulls for moving to 6th.

Reactions: cgf and klingsor

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Watching the quality from these playoff games, the Knicks are around 5 years away to becoming a bubble team.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The more I read of Dolan's quotes, on both the Knicks and Rangers, the more I'm convinced the entire thing was just drummed up to try to show potential NBA HCs that he's not the old Dolan.

I'm different now! Look I'm rebuilding the Rangers!
They're less than 8 months removed from signing THJ to a big contract. I wouldn't be surprised to see them throw money at more mediocre players (like Kanter for example).

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
https://nypost.com/2018/04/18/dolan-talks-about-his-knicks-rebuild-vision/

If we ever need to know who Larry Brooks source for Rangers rumors is, I'm almost positive it is Dolan at this point.

Sit down convo for both the Rangers and the Knicks, both with Brooks.

Not to derail this too much, but I'm pretty sure the Athletic coming to NY put the screws to Brooks and he worked his way into getting to actually sit down with Dolan.

Reactions: GordonGecko

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
https://nypost.com/2018/04/18/dolan-talks-about-his-knicks-rebuild-vision/

If we ever need to know who Larry Brooks source for Rangers rumors is, I'm almost positive it is Dolan at this point.

Sit down convo for both the Rangers and the Knicks, both with Brooks.

Not to derail this too much, but I'm pretty sure the Athletic coming to NY put the screws to Brooks and he worked his way into getting to actually sit down with Dolan.

"“Basketball is different than hockey,” the Garden executive chairman said during a conversation at his MSG office on Wednesday. “A great player in hockey is the difference, but a great player in basketball is the team." - What am I reading here? The exact opposite is true. Hockey is the ultimate team sport. Whereas the modern NBA is fixated upon its stars and building around a core of 2-3 stars to win a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad