OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It's nice seeing these wins early on, but this isn't good for the bigger picture. Knicks won't be a contending team unless they bottom out.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
It's nice seeing these wins early on, but this isn't good for the bigger picture. Knicks won't be a contending team unless they bottom out.
I disagree. I think the Knicks in the very near future will be a destination for big time free agents. The culture change that has already started with Perry in the front office, a good coach in Horny, and a stud in Godzingis will make them mad attractive. Just my opinion tho.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I disagree. I think the Knicks in the very near future will be a destination for big time free agents. The culture change that has already started with Perry in the front office, a good coach in Horny, and a stud in Godzingis will make them mad attractive. Just my opinion tho.
Which players in particular should they target/would want to play here?

Immediate answer would be Irving. But i don't see him leaving Boston.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
One more young stud to pair with Frank and KP would be ideal.

Would you want to keep Kanter and Dougie past this season? I’ve loved them both so far

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
Which players in particular should they target/would want to play here?

#LeBron2018 haha. I can't really answer that now. Need to see the evolution of the team over the year. It would be nice to rid the team of Noah's contract for sure. My problem with tanking, is I get the feeling that KP is tired of loosing. I don't want to risk loosing him just to get an other top pick. More important to develop a winning culture, and get a team that has had an extremely high turnover rate in all postions some stability finally. Just my opinion tho. I also understand the lets tank one more year argument.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
One more young stud to pair with Frank and KP would be ideal.

Would you want to keep Kanter and Dougie past this season? I’ve loved them both so far
I'm good with keeping Dougie, but Kanter is a no-go for me. Dude can't defend at all. He's a nice stop-gap for the young team though.

Reactions: darko

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
I'm good with keeping Dougie, but Kanter is a no-go for me. Dude can't defend at all. He's a nice stop-gap for the young team though.
Kanter is a rebounding machine tho, and has been great for second opportunity points. I wish they would start trying to work Willie into the lineup some how. Dude needs to play to gain confidence.

Reactions: cgf

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Kanter is a rebounding machine tho, and has been great for second opportunity points. I wish they would start trying to work Willie into the lineup some how. Dude needs to play to gain confidence.
Kanter can have 25/20 game and still be a negative for the team. That's how poor he can be defensively.

Agreed with playing Willie. Gonna get worse when Noah comes back.

Reactions: Jeff Groten

darko

Feb 16, 2009
#LeBron2018 haha. I can't really answer that now. Need to see the evolution of the team over the year. It would be nice to rid the team of Noah's contract for sure. My problem with tanking, is I get the feeling that KP is tired of loosing. I don't want to risk loosing him just to get an other top pick. More important to develop a winning culture, and get a team that has had an extremely high turnover rate in all postions some stability finally. Just my opinion tho. I also understand the lets tank one more year argument.

When Bron left Cleveland first time Knicks were one of the teams chasing him. There was a poster on here who would post updates daily for weeks. Would get all riled up when you tell him he isn't coming. Then got salty as f*** when he went to Miami. Good times.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Kanter doesn't play D. The definition of human turnstile.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I hope the Knicks absolutely f***ing dunk on the Cavs tonight after the Lebron stupidity this week.

Frank and Enes' comments show how different this team's mentality is from last season.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Frank had 5 steals in the first half alone. He is definitely making LeBron eat his words rn. He is already one of the best on ball defenders in the league.

Why was LeBron acting up when Frank was getting the ball anyways?

I hated LeBron during the heat era, but cheered him on as a Cav in the finals. I think it'll be different this year though.

Reactions: Jeff Groten

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Looks like Zucc, Henrik, McD, Buch, Hayes, Smith all sitting court side at MSG tonight.

Attachments

• 2017-11-13 22.16.17.jpg
    2017-11-13 22.16.17.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 24

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I wish MSG could get this lit for a Rangers games

Seriously. Unfortunately, when the NHL sought to erase fighting from the game they also got rid of everything else like all the little scrums, facewashing, slashes in between plays etc. That and the fact that you'd never get an NHL player to take a shot at another player or GM like Lebron did with the media means this is the most animosity MSG has seen in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->