NBA NBA Allows Players to Change Jersey Name to Message of Social Justice

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Well here's the newest one. Don't rely on Lebron to hear about it though... Injustices everywhere except China, his league, and anything that effects his bottom line.

huh?

you said there's "more examples of racism in the NBA" and you post tweets about a WNBA owner? WNBA players have already come out and made it clear to the league they want loeffler out as one of atlanta's owners and good on them because she's a piece of shit

but what does this have to do with lebron or the NBA?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
huh?

you said there's "more examples of racism in the NBA" and you post tweets about a WNBA owner? WNBA players have already come out and made it clear to the league they want loeffler out as one of atlanta's owners and good on them because she's a piece of shit

but what does this have to do with lebron or the NBA?

wNBA is under and funded by the NBA. Lebron James works/pays for that racist owner to have a sports team. Surely if he has time to tweet about the NFL and Nascar he could address something he's responsible for.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wNBA is under and funded by the NBA. Lebron James works/pays for that racist owner to have a sports team. Surely if he has time to tweet about the NFL and Nascar he could address something he's responsible for.
so lebron is responsible for the atlanta WNBA teams having a racist owner

hope you didn't hurt yourself reaching that far. i totally get that you hate lebron, but you could honestly find some better ways to criticize him that aren't batshit crazy hot takes

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
so lebron is responsible for the atlanta WNBA teams having a racist owner

hope you didn't hurt yourself reaching that far. i totally get that you hate lebron, but you could honestly find some better ways to criticize him that aren't batshit crazy hot takes

wNBA is under and funded by the NBA. Lebron James works/pays for that racist owner to have a sports team. Surely if he has time to tweet about the NFL and Nascar he could address something that's happening in house.

That better? What's your excuse now?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Before Kap..

Owners... I'm told NFL owners are racist. Yet, can't find tapes of anything like Donald Sterling said. He was apart of the league for 30+ years. Imagine all the decisions and influence he had.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wNBA is under and funded by the NBA. Lebron James works/pays for that racist owner to have a sports team. Surely if he has time to tweet about the NFL and Nascar he could address something that's happening in house.

That better? What's your excuse now?
when the donald sterling thing happened, lebron came out and spoke up against his comments. but he hasn't said anything about the WNBA so **** him! he just tweets all day! lol you really don't see how stupid that sounds?

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

But Lebron has all the time in the world for Brees and Nascar.

The fact that you keep bringing up these incidents of racism to talk about LeBron and not about the actual racism shows me you don't actually care about BLM. Similar to what you like to accuse LeBron of doing, you're only bringing these up purely for your own self-interests and not because you actually care about what's going on. You're basically a fraud as well.

Reactions: Beau Knows

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
The fact that you keep bringing up these incidents of racism to talk about LeBron and not about the actual racism shows me you don't actually care about BLM. Similar to what you like to accuse LeBron of doing, you're only doing it purely for your own self-interests and not because you actually care about what's going on. You're basically a fraud as well.

Thread isn't about me. I'm not the famous one with a platform. Sorry, I'm calling him out on his hypocrisy. Got plenty of examples to back that claim as well as you can see from above.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Thread isn't about me. I'm not the famous one with a platform. Sorry, I'm calling him out on his hypocrisy. Got plenty of examples to back that claim as well as you can see from above.

Thread's certainly not about you, but you have very little credibility calling LeBron out for not talking about a topic that you have very little interest in talking about or even supporting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beau Knows

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lebron's a "hypocrite" because he hasn't called out a WNBA owner for being racist

but sure, let's conveniently ignore how when there was an instance of this in his own league, he spoke up about it. oh, and all the other instances off the court where he's done the same

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
lebron's a "hypocrite" because he hasn't called out a WNBA owner for being racist

but sure, let's conveniently ignore how when there was an instance of this in his own league, he spoke up about it. oh, and all the other instances off the court where he's done the same

"No room for Donald Sterling in NBA" Lebron James. Wow, what a legend and great take. What about the 30 years he was involved in the league. All the decisions he made via systemic racism. Why was there nothing put in place to undue all of that?

No you don't.

I just cited at least 3 things that have happened in the NBA community during this pandemic and not one tweet from Lebron. But he had time for Brees and Nascar. Hypocrite.

Reactions: Voight

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
None of it really says anything about LeBron.

And I don't even like Lebron.

Actually it says a lot. He's not different than any of these owners or CEO's. He's all about his money. He won't bring attention to the racism in the NBA because everybody is focused on the NFL and it would hurt his pockets. Same reason he tiptoed around China, money.

He's a fraud. He only cares about his bottom line just like Jay Z. Remember when Jay Z stopped Travis Scott from performing at Super Bowl then partners with NFL. Says the NFL is past kneeling then a year later Brees is destroyed by the social media beehive and Lebron for basically saying the same thing.

There's no consistency. NBA community needs to hold their role models/leaders accountable.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Actually it says a lot. He's not different than any of these owners or CEO's. He's all about his money. He won't bring attention to the racism in the NBA because everybody is focused on the NFL and it would hurt his pockets. Same reason he tiptoed around China, money.

He's a fraud. He only cares about his bottom line just like Jay Z. Remember when Jay Z stopped Travis Scott from performing at Super Bowl then partners with NFL. Says the NFL is past kneeling then a year later Brees is destroyed by the social media beehive and Lebron for basically saying the same thing.

There's no consistency. NBA community needs to hold their role models/leaders accountable.
Can;t really disagree with you about Jay Z to be fair.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
"No room for Donald Sterling in NBA" Lebron James. Wow, what a legend and great take. What about the 30 years he was involved in the league. All the decisions he made via systemic racism. Why was there nothing put in place to undue all of that?

I just cited at least 3 things that have happened in the NBA community during this pandemic and not one tweet from Lebron. But he had time for Brees and Nascar. Hypocrite.
what else could lebron have done in that situation involving sterling?

so by your logic, lebron is supposed to speak out against everything you have an issue with and if he doesn't then he's a lazy bum who just tweets all day. lol thanks for the laugh. like you posted the tweet of the kings announcer resigning because he said all lives matter. what the **** does that have to do with lebron?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
what else could lebron have done in that situation involving sterling?

so by your logic, lebron is supposed to speak out against everything you have an issue with and if he doesn't then he's a lazy bum who just tweets all day. lol thanks for the laugh. like you posted the tweet of the kings announcer resigning because he said all lives matter. what the **** does that have to do with lebron?

You are missing the point. What does Drew Brees and Nascar have to do with Lebron? He felt the need to voice his opinion on them.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
You are missing the point. What does Drew Brees and Nascar have to do with Lebron? He felt the need to voice his opinion on them.
uhhhh....maybe because those were two major issues regarding african-americans? have you been living under a rock for the last month? why would he stay silent on those things as perhaps the most prominent african-american athlete in the world?

and guess what, if lebron hadn't said anything you would be criticizing him for saying nothing

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
uhhhh....maybe because those were two major issues regarding african-americans? have you been living under a rock for the last month? why would he stay silent on those things as perhaps the most prominent african-american athlete in the world?

and guess what, if lebron hadn't said anything you would be criticizing him for saying nothing

He strategically picks and chooses what to speak on. That's my point. Are you telling me he needs the social media beehive to tell him when to speak up? I'd say the issues regarding African Americans in the league he plays for is far more important than the NFL and Nascar. But he doesn't want to bring light to that because it will hurt his pockets. He's a phony.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
He strategically picks and chooses what to speak on. That's my point. Are you telling me he needs the social media beehive to tell him when to speak up? I'd say the issues regarding African Americans in the league he plays for is far more important than the NFL and Nascar. But he doesn't want to bring light to that because it will hurt his pockets. He's a phony.

You mean like virtually everyone else in this entire world? Why do you think the rest of the world has only now caught onto BLM? Why didn't the NFL players kneel along with Kaepernick back in 2016? Why didn't MLB players kneel then? Is it because they didn't care about BLM or is it because they didn't want to get blackballed and lose money?

Like I said, your singular focus here on LeBron is amusing. You can call him phony, but that would apply to everyone else who could have said something back then, but didn't because they feared for their jobs and are only saying something now because everyone else is.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
You mean like virtually everyone else in this entire world? Why do you think the rest of the world has only now caught onto BLM? Why didn't the NFL players kneel along with Kaepernick back in 2016? Why didn't MLB players kneel then? Is it because they didn't care about BLM or is it because they didn't want to get blackballed and lose money?

Like I said, your singular focus here on LeBron is amusing. You can call him phony, but that would apply to everyone else who could have said something back then, but didn't because they feared for their jobs and are only saying something now because everyone else is.

You are missing the point. NFL players aren't getting into the NBA's business and all these other leagues. Yet, Lebron strategically feels the need to chime in on every sports league but ignores the shit happening in his own league. How many times do I need to reword this for you???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->