NBA NBA Allows Players to Change Jersey Name to Message of Social Justice

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
LeBron had the chance to speak out about China but showed his true colours, green.
No shit, he's gotta take care of his family.

Why do you continue to spouse this nonsense that just because a man is standing up for HIS COMMUNITY means he can afford to, and is obliged to get involved in someone else's fight?

This is disgusting nonsense intended to trivialize police murdering black people.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
No shit, he's gotta take care of his family.

Why do you continue to spouse this nonsense that just because a man is standing up for HIS COMMUNITY means he can afford to, and is obliged to get involved in someone else's fight?

This is disgusting nonsense intended to trivialize police murdering black people.
His chance to show he is about justice was well before the recent protests. He chose to tow the company line and not upset his masters. This has nothing to do with murdering of black people by cops. Protesting by convenience is the issue.

His family was taken care of the day he stepped on to an NBA court.

People who are against injustice understand that it's not limited to their own neighbourhood. Police brutality is nothing new, neither is racism. Lebron is not a smart person he is an opportunist.

He always wants to be on the winning team.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
People who are against injustice understand that it's not limited to their own neighbourhood. Police brutality is nothing new, neither is racism. Lebron is not a smart person he is an opportunist.

He always wants to be on the winning team.
Who said it was? But police brutality against black folks is something that affects HIM AND HIS FAMILY DIRECTLY. Why should this not be his priority? This is dog whistle politics. You don't give a damn about the Chinese, but only bring it up because you want to silence Lebron and other black athletes speaking about what actually effects them.

Until YOU start caring about Chinese human rights, you don't get to dictate what other people should protest about.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Who said it was? But police brutality against black folks is something that affects HIM AND HIS FAMILY DIRECTLY. Why should this not be his priority? This is dog whistle politics. You don't give a damn about the Chinese, but only bring it up because you want to silence Lebron and other black athletes speaking about what actually effects them.

Until YOU start caring about Chinese human rights, you don't get to dictate what other people should protest about.
you are missing the point. Last summer when Lebron had a chance to show some intelligence he chose not too because of money. Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey on the other hand spoke out against the NBA's interest and received no love. How do you know I don't care about Chinese human rights? I care about all human rights. You are taking this personal for Lebron James and not seeing the bigger picture that he is not an activist. He is a rich socialite who says the right things to boost his ego but cowers when faced with real challenges that gets him no brownie points. Police brutality affects everyone but systemic racism does not. This is bigger than Lebron so what ever he wants to say he can.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
you are missing the point. Last summer when Lebron had a chance to show some intelligence he chose not too because of money. Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey on the other hand spoke out against the NBA's interest and received no love. How do you know I don't care about Chinese human rights? I care about all human rights. You are taking this personal for Lebron James and not seeing the bigger picture that he is not an activist. He is a rich socialite who says the right things to boost his ego but cowers when faced with real challenges that gets him no brownie points. Police brutality affects everyone but systemic racism does not. This is bigger than Lebron so what ever he wants to say he can.
I don't give a damn about Lebron James. This isn't about Lebron. This is about people like you using China as an excuse to try to shut down any conversations about POLICE IN THIS COUNTRY KILLING ITS CITIZENS!

Don't sit there and tell me its entirely unreasonable for NBA players like LeBron to speak out on issues that does affect him and his family vs. not speaking up on issues in China that he has very little idea about.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I don't give a damn about Lebron James. This isn't about Lebron. This is about people like you using China as an excuse to try to shut down any conversations about POLICE IN THIS COUNTRY KILLING ITS CITIZENS!

Don't sit there and tell me its entirely unreasonable for NBA players like LeBron to speak out on issues that does affect him and his family vs. not speaking up on issues in China that he has very little idea about.
LOL, you have no idea what you are talking about. Keep your emotions in check if you actually want to discuss.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Can a black person have "reparations" on their back?

upload_2020-7-3_20-25-4.jpeg

Reactions: Stylizer1

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
lots of ppl: but china

reality: at a certain point if you find yourself always deflecting specific fixable problems for bigger unsolvable problems every time someone points out a problem you kind of have to just acknowledge that you probably prefer problematic things tthe way they are

Reactions: Beau Knows

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I mean, if you are black, then you do come off sounding like that buffoon.

Imagine being black and trying to shut down BLM conversation. Madness.
Again you are implying that I'm something I'm not and you are the crusader to avenge all the wrongs in the world. BLM is great for this generation because they have been so removed from any of the struggles from years past. Lucky for them they have social media couch surfing activists who can protest.

Why do you say I'm shutting down BLM conversation? Because I think Lebron is a fool? Because I don't think he is important?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You don't get why he would prioritize something that would affect HIM and HIS COMMUNITY first?

Oh my god.

Again not what I said. I understand why he is supporting BLM and all the related issues.

I'm saying that as one of the few people in the world with the reach and platform he has he could so so much more. This isn't an issue of him "taking care of things at home" first, he can simultaneously fight for different causes across the world. He can use his voice - which reaches all around the world - to denounce racism in the states and - shocker! - the atrocities committed in China as well as elsewhere in the world. However he choses to be pals with Xi and his communist buddies and withers when they threaten to revoke money.

And, for the record, his family does NOT need that money. LeBron is one of the highest paid people in the world and makes plenty of money in NA/Europe, he of all people could afford to take a hit financially in China. But, he cares more about the Benjamins than helping people and giving them a voice.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
why should it be the job of NBA players to take action or speak out against something going on in china?

if they choose to do something, right on. if not, why is it any of their concern? do chinese athletes do the same when it comes to problems in the US? why should lebron be criticized for not doing or saying something in regards to china? his concern should be his own country and he's done a pretty good job in using his platform and voice the last few months

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Again you are implying that I'm something I'm not and you are the crusader to avenge all the wrongs in the world. BLM is great for this generation because they have been so removed from any of the struggles from years past. Lucky for them they have social media couch surfing activists who can protest.

Why do you say I'm shutting down BLM conversation? Because I think Lebron is a fool? Because I don't think he is important?
So because things were so much worse in the past, we should never try to make it beter for people who are still suffering from oppression. Ok.

You don't have to like Lebron, but if your response to him posting/speaking about BLM is China then you are absolutely trying to shut down BLM.

I DON'T LIKE LEBRON. And you don't see me pulling that foolishness.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Again not what I said. I understand why he is supporting BLM and all the related issues.

I'm saying that as one of the few people in the world with the reach and platform he has he could so so much more. This isn't an issue of him "taking care of things at home" first, he can simultaneously fight for different causes across the world. He can use his voice - which reaches all around the world - to denounce racism in the states and - shocker! - the atrocities committed in China as well as elsewhere in the world. However he choses to be pals with Xi and his communist buddies and withers when they threaten to revoke money.

And, for the record, his family does NOT need that money. LeBron is one of the highest paid people in the world and makes plenty of money in NA/Europe, he of all people could afford to take a hit financially in China. But, he cares more about the Benjamins than helping people and giving them a voice.

Who are you to say how much money his family does or does not need? Are you their f***ing financial adviser or something?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Who are you to say how much money his family does or does not need? Are you their f***ing financial adviser or something?
I think he has enough money to get by.
Net worth. By age 33, James earned more than $765 million from his business interests, according to ESPN. In 2018, Forbes estimated James' net worth at $450 million.Feb 6, 2020

Reactions: Voight

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So because things were so much worse in the past, we should never try to make it beter for people who are still suffering from oppression. Ok.

You don't have to like Lebron, but if your response to him posting/speaking about BLM is China then you are absolutely trying to shut down BLM.

I DON'T LIKE LEBRON. And you don't see me pulling that foolishness.
You are clueless.

Reactions: Voight

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
why should it be the job of NBA players to take action or speak out against something going on in china?

if they choose to do something, right on. if not, why is it any of their concern? do chinese athletes do the same when it comes to problems in the US? why should lebron be criticized for not doing or saying something in regards to china? his concern should be his own country and he's done a pretty good job in using his platform and voice the last few months
The problem I have is that he called Darryl Morey ignorant and uneducated on the matter when he could’ve just stayed silent.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The problem I have is that he called Darryl Morey ignorant and uneducated on the matter when he could’ve just stayed silent.

Another issue was Kerr saying "he needed to be more educated" and he was going to ask his BIL who is apparently a professor on Chiense history.

A simple google search can give you the basis of whats going on. Not like theres "two sides" to this story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad