NBA 2K19

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Anybody picking this up? Comes out on the 11th . I skipped 18 and if they use VC like they have in previous years ill be skipping this one too. Even though live isnt nearly as good in my career at least its not crazy greedy .

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Too much emphasis on VC in an offline game mode, not buying as I do not have the time to grind it out as much as I would need to.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
The Prelude was quality sports game story mode as per usual; second to last cutscene had Harris (the player's former NCAA teammate that has already made the NBA) say that you're too selfish and need to stay in China to figure yourself out, then the last cutscene the player hears the news about getting transferred to the G-league.

Makes total sense.

Sep 19, 2008
The Prelude was quality sports game story mode as per usual; second to last cutscene had Harris (the player's former NCAA teammate that has already made the NBA) say that you're too selfish and need to stay in China to figure yourself out, then the last cutscene the player hears the news about getting transferred to the G-league.

Makes total sense.
didn't know you played these kinds of games :laugh:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Been playing the last few days, it's excellent. Actually surprised how much better it feels compared to last year. Best out of the box 2k yet.

Sep 19, 2008
The main criticism recently about these games has been VC and online play and curious to see if they listened to their fans and cut down on the microtransactions. Honestly that's the only reason NBA 2k18 got such bad reviews; people were downvoting it on Steam because of the VC yet if you didn't play online it was a perfectly fine game at least in Franchise mode.

Sep 19, 2008

Makes total sense.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
The main criticism recently about these games has been VC and online play and curious to see if they listened to their fans and cut down on the microtransactions. Honestly that's the only reason NBA 2k18 got such bad reviews; people were downvoting it on Steam because of the VC yet if you didn't play online it was a perfectly fine game at least in Franchise mode.
I agree with most of your post. They ruined My GM mode last year with unskippable cut scenes so players were forced to play My League mode instead.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
This game is so much better.

But it won't let me join the dodgeball tournaments and I can't figure out why. I'll go there and hit x to join but it won't let me.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Is it worth picking up when there is a price drop? I snagged 18 for like $10 at game stop and I had a blast with it. I am really interested in my career mode since the one in NHL 19 still sucks.

Sep 19, 2008
Is it worth picking up when there is a price drop? I snagged 18 for like $10 at game stop and I had a blast with it. I am really interested in my career mode since the one in NHL 19 still sucks.

Offline should be fine. Most complaints are regarding the online mode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad