NBA 2K18 (multiple platforms)

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Unskippable cut scenes again I hear. I don't know why they do this. In an update last year you could skip cut scenes and now they took it out.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Unskippable cut scenes again I hear. I don't know why they do this. In an update last year you could skip cut scenes and now they took it out.

One of the most annoying parts of this game. Ill put it on mute if it isn't something important like a contract negotiation or something like that.

I think this game would be awesome if it had a more realistic, grittier take on what actually goes on in the lives of professional athletes and between the players in the locker room. I do understand why they didn't do it as it wouldn't sell as much or appeal to a more general, family friendly (aka Disney) audience, but it would still be awesome to see.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I want to buy live out of spite to 2k but I know it's the worse game lol.

I'm in the same boat. On one hand, I never found the 2k gameplay to be "amazing" and on the other, the VC is absolutely ridiculous. Plus I have EA Access and a discount on Live, seriously thinking about buying it.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The core gameplay is pretty good, but help defense is absolutely broken this year

A defender should not sag off of Klay Thompson in the corner to help stop Javale McGee rolling to the rim, especially considering the CPU straight up doesn't miss on open threes this year

It's so bad it's starting to feel like rubber band AI, and it really needs to be patched

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Yep they are still most definitely there. My friend convinced me to pick this up and because I have been off with surgery I had some time on my hands. The career or story mode is definitely better or bearable this year. Not as much garbage, some scenes you cannot skip through. The game seems more fluid overall than last year.

Advancing online with one player is still a pay to play venture to be competitive IMO. It takes $200,000 VC to get your guy 60's to an 85 before you can unlock more slots. You could do it without paying of course, it would take you a tremendous amount of time. Basically paying for the $149.00 version gets you there -

The career is a ton of fun bouncing between NBA games, I like how you just pick your team now instead of the draft, ProAm and Park as well. You earn VC and credit towards your attributes in all, they simplified it. Proam works better - only issue is after every game it kicks everyone to separate parks and you need to rejoin. NBA , after level 90 I'm supposed to be able to suggest trades. Just set up a league team so I'll see how that goes.

Graphically, continues to be one of the best games I have ever seen. It almost feels like I'm in an open world RPG at points as I visit the tattoo shop, NBA store, game store and so on... LOL.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Thankfully all I really like is MyLeague and messing around with that, will try and dip my toes into MyTeam playing the game I already played FTP just want some of my favorite players

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yep they are still most definitely there. My friend convinced me to pick this up and because I have been off with surgery I had some time on my hands. The career or story mode is definitely better or bearable this year. Not as much garbage, some scenes you cannot skip through. The game seems more fluid overall than last year.

Advancing online with one player is still a pay to play venture to be competitive IMO. It takes $200,000 VC to get your guy 60's to an 85 before you can unlock more slots. You could do it without paying of course, it would take you a tremendous amount of time. Basically paying for the $149.00 version gets you there -

The career is a ton of fun bouncing between NBA games, I like how you just pick your team now instead of the draft, ProAm and Park as well. You earn VC and credit towards your attributes in all, they simplified it. Proam works better - only issue is after every game it kicks everyone to separate parks and you need to rejoin. NBA , after level 90 I'm supposed to be able to suggest trades. Just set up a league team so I'll see how that goes.

Graphically, continues to be one of the best games I have ever seen. It almost feels like I'm in an open world RPG at points as I visit the tattoo shop, NBA store, game store and so on... LOL.

I've been playing the previous version since 2K11, last year's game I managed to play only a few games because of World Of Tanks and Star Trek Online. :laugh: But I usually picked up VC by playing one of the daily Featured games from the actual NBA schedule, games with my team in the franchise mode or MyLeague or whatever it's been called (not touching the Clippers anymore now :laugh:). In one of the previous games, I had over 10K VC before I had even started MyPlayer. Do you still get VC by playing other game modes?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Picked this up. My first NBA game since I think 2K for the Dreamcast. Lots of fun. Love playing these all time teams but disappointed in some of the missing players. I find the 76ers fun to begin with but if they had Moses Malone and Charles Barkley, oh my. They’d be unstoppable.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
Are there any notable differences from 2K17's Franchise mode. I was watching a Youtube video and all of a sudden I have a strange urge to play 2K franchise mode. I own 2K17 and don't own 2K18

Sep 19, 2008
I don't think so. The best part of 2k17 was making an expansion team. Someone gifted me 2k17 on Reddit so I was able to try that out. Pretty good franchise mode.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Are there any notable differences from 2K17's Franchise mode. I was watching a Youtube video and all of a sudden I have a strange urge to play 2K franchise mode. I own 2K17 and don't own 2K18

MyGM has a story mode now, fwiw. It's pretty good at first but there are so many cutscenes that it gets tiring after a while.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
if you play any other gamemode on 2K besides Myleague you're doing it wrong :/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad