NBA 2K18 (multiple platforms)

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm seeing that it is released on the 19th. How did you get it already?

For the last couple of years they've done an "early tip-off" where if you pre-ordered you get the game 4 days early

If you were in to purely off like game modes it's a great game.

I only play offline, so I loved 17, and 18 seems great offline so far as well

I have essentially abandoned MyCareer (it's straight up pay to win now, which is a shame) in favor of player locking in MyLeague, which I actually enjoy a lot more since you can manage your substitutions, trades, and contracts manually

So far it looks like there are a couple major problems with MyLeague this year:

As the created player system has inexplicably been neutered, downloadable draft classes probably won't have as good looking of players as in years past

They added a "draft and stash" system for European players who wish to stay home for another year or 2, but I've heard there's issues with them being duplicated in future drafts and that their contracts don't behave properly, hopefully this gets patched soon

But there's a couple of nice subtle changes as well like the addition of supermax contracts, the free agent moratorium period, and my favorite is that you can disable the off-season rule changes from the beginning in settings

I played for maybe 4 hours last night before I passed out and the gameplay has a different feel and the AI defence is a lot smarter, I had to bump down from superstar difficulty to allstar to feel comfortable, but I also haven't gotten a day 1 patch yet unless it came packaged with my digital download

I'm sure I'll get in another unnecessarily long play session sometime today to monkey around with the systems a bit more in depth

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That's good that the ai on defense has improved. Was always too easy or too hard unless I had a bad game. Always close up until the end of the second. Hopefully it's close games for me all the way now

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
There are definitely a few nasty MyLeague glitches that really need a patch

Trade finder sometimes thinks you're trading players who aren't even on your roster, the fantasy draft "duplicate" system removes ALL versions of players that appear multiple times instead of just multiples of them, you'll occasionally find players like Lebron or Carmelo in free agency asking for like $6M a year, and I've heard that guys like Chieck Diallo have gotten $2B a year from the CPU, yes, billion

I also think that the AI makes a lot of contested shots they ought not while it's harder than ever for a user to hit 3s even with a guy like Curry, it's nice that it's not too easy, but this game needs some tuning

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hmmm... I'm doing an online franchise with a buddy, and it says I scored 48 points with Wiggins. I definitely didn't score 48 points with one player. I didn't even break 60 as a team.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I heard you have to pay VC for haircuts and hair colors. Idk if that's true as I don't have the game, but the fact it doesn't surprise me that it could be is sad.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
So I bought about 10$ worth of VC (about 35,000 I think) on the XBOX online store and it hasn't transferred over. Been about two days and still nothing. Anyone have a similar issue or know how to deal with it?

Not really trying to go through a whole process with getting in contact and going back and forth with a bunch people, having to prove that I bought it, waiting, etc.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
I heard you have to pay VC for haircuts and hair colors. Idk if that's true as I don't have the game, but the fact it doesn't surprise me that it could be is sad.

Its been that way for a while. 2k18 isn't the first version to do it.

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Trying to decide which game I should dump my $60 on. 2K has had its reputation but is this the time EA makes its come back with NBA Live? Live 18's trailer looked promising.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Trying to decide which game I should dump my $60 on. 2K has had its reputation but is this the time EA makes its come back with NBA Live? Live 18's trailer looked promising.

Live is garbage. It might as well be a 2k monopoly.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Its been that way for a while. 2k18 isn't the first version to do it.

In 2k17 all haircuts and colours were free. Same as in every other one I've played. I know you had to pay for tattoos and gear but never haircuts/colours.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
2k18s my career mode has always been designed around microtransactions. It took forever just to get your character to 70 overall last time I played.

The media is really late to this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad