OT: NBA 2019-2020

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
What a surreal season for the Knicks. I expected them to be better with a real coach, but this could be the biggest turnaround considering the roster is very similar to last season.

My only gripe is giving Payton all these minutes. They've reduced, but he's lost. I'd much rather see Ntilikina out there starting, providing defense and shooting to spread the floor. Hopefully it doesn't cost them against the Hawks.

Reactions: egelband

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
What a surreal season for the Knicks. I expected them to be better with a real coach, but this could be the biggest turnaround considering the roster is very similar to last season.

My only gripe is giving Payton all these minutes. They've reduced, but he's lost. I'd much rather see Ntilikina out there starting, providing defense and shooting to spread the floor. Hopefully it doesn't cost them against the Hawks.
Frank sucks.He wont be a reason we dont get past the Hawks either lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
4 seed is pretty damn awesome. Now I'm getting greedy. We need to beat the Hawks and get to the 2nd round and we should cause we are better than them...simple as that!

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The Hawks aren’t good defensively but they have a ton of talent. They’re way more talented than the Knicks. Knicks have the coaching and defensive edge.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Even if it is the Hawks, getting Barrett, Toppin, and Quickley playoff experience is going to be great for all three of them. They'll get a national spotlight a little different than the regular season. Free agents and other players already know, but now it'll be on full display. And they are probably the favorites to win the series. Getting to a 2nd round would be invaluable for the team and the franchise with it's trajectory.

Hopefully that can lure in a point guard in free agency. IQ can play off ball too, so it's not like he has to be the PG. They can bring back Rose still and sign someone. They did get that Argentinian point guard, but I'm not relying on him. I'm hoping for someone like Schroder. Good defender, can shoot and is a dribble-drive guy.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The Hawks aren’t good defensively but they have a ton of talent. They’re way more talented than the Knicks. Knicks have the coaching and defensive edge.

I dunno if they are was more talented than the Knicks but I'd somewhat agree that on paper they have a little more talent. The key to me is if we can keep Trae Young in check like we have during the regular season.

That dude is the wild card to me as he can hit shots that even Steph would shake his head and say wow. We'll see. I like our chances especially if Randle continues to his mastery of Atlanta but if Young goes off, we are sunk!.

I'm just so pumped we are in the playoffs again. To bad we can't have MSG at full capacity instead of at 10%. Shit, I'd even take 50% as nothing like MSG during playoff time when the Knicks are good...ie the Ewing led Knicks of the 90's when MSG was magical!.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I dunno if they are was more talented than the Knicks but I'd somewhat agree that on paper they have a little more talent. The key to me is if we can keep Trae Young in check like we have during the regular season.

That dude is the wild card to me as he can hit shots that even Steph would shake his head and say wow. We'll see. I like our chances especially if Randle continues to his mastery of Atlanta but if Young goes off, we are sunk!.

I'm just so pumped we are in the playoffs again. To bad we can't have MSG at full capacity instead of at 10%. Shit, I'd even take 50% as nothing like MSG during playoff time when the Knicks are good...ie the Ewing led Knicks of the 90's when MSG was magical!.

Going to 5,700 for Game 1, I think it should be more, especially with the MSG protocols in place, but hey it’s better than the 2,000 during the regular season.

Hopefully they allow more for game 5.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

Yeah we did a good job in the regular season on Young - I think he shot 36% against the Knicks over the 3 games (3 Knicks wins). He is the key - he's 6th in usage rate in the league - they run everything through him. It's a must have to win the series. But I do worry that shutting his scoring down still doesn't shut them down.

I just think Atlanta has more depth. They can roll out more guys who can contribute. Collins is a great player. Gallinari, Huerter and Bogdanovic are great shooters. Over a long series, that might play a big role.

In my eyes, we're playing with house money right now. So I'm not going to stress this too much.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah we did a good job in the regular season on Young - I think he shot 36% against the Knicks over the 3 games (3 Knicks wins). He is the key - he's 6th in usage rate in the league - they run everything through him. It's a must have to win the series. But I do worry that shutting his scoring down still doesn't shut them down.

I just think Atlanta has more depth. They can roll out more guys who can contribute. Collins is a great player. Gallinari, Huerter and Bogdanovic are great shooters. Over a long series, that might play a big role.

In my eyes, we're playing with house money right now. So I'm not going to stress this too much.

Agree that we are playing with "house money" but now that we are in the playoffs and we got the preferred matchup let's be honest in Atlanta instead of Miami, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be pissed if we didn't win the series.

I think our depth is just about as good as theirs ECB. I think their starters tho might have a bit of an edge tho. We'll see....can't wait till next week!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Going to 5,700 for Game 1, I think it should be more, especially with the MSG protocols in place, but hey it’s better than the 2,000 during the regular season.

Hopefully they allow more for game 5.

That would be awesome...the more peeps at MSG the better. We need the Garden rocking and rolling as much as possible so as to get even the littlest edge we can get with the home court advantage.

Reactions: 17futurecap

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Starting to get a bit antsy for some Knicks Hawks playoff action.

In the meantime Lakers Warriors tonight should be kind of fun to watch. Would love to see Steph go for 50-60 and put the LeBron and the Lakers on the brink of elimination....we shalt see!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lebron vs Curry tonight. If both are ON tonight, then wew we are in for a treat. All-time greats.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Almost pulled the trigger on tickets last night but it was like $470 for 2 tickets and at the time I didn’t know what day Game 2 was. Jealous though.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I know we are the 4th seed but Knicks seem to be the underdogs coming into series. Alot of the sharps are talking Hawks and betting them. Hope Knicks take "offense" to that.

Prediction from here: Knicks in 6!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->