OT: NBA 2019-2020

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
They'll have to wait until 2021, or can maybe trade for him like the Clippers did for Doc Rivers.

Oh ok, that's what I remember reading a little while back. I agree with just waiting because it'd be foolish to give Toronto any assets for him. The Knicks need all of the help they can get right now, and I'm hoping they can get this Morris trade correct.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Mills is gone! (...but still being retained on the Knicks board in some fashion? *edit it's not the MSG board it's Dolan's separate company.)

OH HAPPY DAY

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I don't get this for Houston? Trade Capela for Robert Covington?

I get it saves $5m a year, but Convington isn't good?

Christ offer Morris for Capela

Well, Covington is a 3&D guy, so he fits in with not needing the ball. I think their mindset is that they don't need a center making that much money that is also a defender/rebounder type. Flip Capela for Covington or a similar player, then turn around and get a center on a cheaper deal.

They'll likely just play small ball the rest of the way with Tyson Chandler and whoever they trade for as options if the need a defender/rebounder at the C position.

Reactions: ponzu4u

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Also, hopefully Mills was the one who wanted to keep Morris, and Perry wanted to trade him, guess we will find out in the next few days.

Or we will find out right now:

Have to think Perry didn't want either of these moves. Russell was gonna cost too much and Morris needs to be traded. Standard trade high candidate.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Or we will find out right now:

Have to think Perry didn't want either of these moves. Russell was gonna cost too much and Morris needs to be traded. Standard trade high candidate.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bob Richards

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Lol went from “could the Knicks acquire Masai?” to “the Knicks might follow the New York Mets GM model” in an hour.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Lol went from “could the Knicks acquire Masai?” to “the Knicks might follow the New York Mets GM model” in an hour.

It's like getting into the mind of a crazy person.

"You know what a great idea would be? Try and get the best executive in basketball to run our team" to "I've got a better one, let's go get an agent to run our team!"

Reactions: Bob Richards

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
if you think he is the guy to right the ship why would you even hesitate at giving up a draft pick? have the knicks drafted a player worth a damn since patrick ewing?

Would give up whichever Dallas pick they wanted.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I still don’t get it for Houston. They gave up Capela and a 1st to get Covington?

seems like they could have gotten better value for Capela, no?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I still don’t get it for Houston. They gave up Capela and a 1st to get Covington?

seems like they could have gotten better value for Capela, no?
With the trades, they have 12m in cap space to go out and trade for a replacement center. They're like 10-1 without Capela IIRC and you want to surround Westbrook with shooters. They were also scary good when they had Ariza two years ago and RoCo is a similar 3 and D type player.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
With the trades, they have 12m in cap space to go out and trade for a replacement center. They're like 10-1 without Capela IIRC and you want to surround Westbrook with shooters. They were also scary good when they had Ariza two years ago and RoCo is a similar 3 and D type player.

Yeah I wasn't shocked they wanted to trade him, it was just more the return that seemed off. He's a good player in the right system, which wasn't theirs. Guess we'll have to wait to see what they do with the cap space before fully judging it.

I loathe the Rockets. Awful to watch.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This is the full deal:

Rockets get Covington, Bell and a 2nd.

Bell isn't bad, but he's not a center. He's really a PF. Still think they pick up a center that is dirt cheap to get either in a trade or one that gets waived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad