Nazem Kadri was the 20th best Frank J Selke trophy candidate - He is our great hero

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Damn he's so talented and on the only ones in the playoffs who played with tons of courage and braveheart like gibson. He treally did his thang and was all over their faces against the caps. He even dropeed Ovechkin down like a fly on that one spot. Kadri can now play the D-game like no other suckas can. The vote was a clear evidense. He was 20th on the selke trophy vote. Bergeron wins that one always, and deserfully so. But Kadri is treally on his way. Glad we got him for life. He ain't leaving never. We cannot even win games without. We would be allowing loads of goals because kadri plays against the best players like crosby, avechkin and McDavid. He even glued Mcdavid last season like a fly on dirt. Our bestest players is Kadri now. He has developed and evolved like einstein.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
As I've said before, Kadri had zero case for getting top 5 votes for Selke. The votes he gets is due to the ignorance of voters, not his own performance.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
As I've said before, Kadri had zero case for getting top 5 votes for Selke. The votes he gets is due to the ignorance of voters, not his own performance.

Yup.

Don't want to take away from the fact that he really has developed a strong two-way game, to the point that he can effectively take the tough matchups. But, the guy doesn't even PK.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think I've been one of Kadri's biggest backers over the years but I have no idea WTF to say about this post except maybe LOL Einstein and the season can't start soon enough.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Yup.

Don't want to take away from the fact that he really has developed a strong two-way game, to the point that he can effectively take the tough matchups. But, the guy doesn't even PK.

Exactly. And in this case it doesn't matter if you're the 20th best defensive forward or the 200th, you should have zero votes.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Exactly. And in this case it doesn't matter if you're the 20th best defensive forward or the 200th, you should have zero votes.

There he clearly determines and makes a treal statement that his 5 on 5 and 4 on 4 and 3 on 3 game is so freaking solid, strong and bergeronly good, that he got all those votes on that selke thang. The man doesn't even have to play PK(!), damn that makes my toes do curls.. that is so damn good and tough. He is really hard on his game and made himself better. The man doesn't have to even touch the pk thang and just play real rocky even hockey and he still gets the vote(!) :clap: Man I'm clappin here like for real. Standing up even. Our team is also that talented and tough that we got other suckers players the PK and making that better. Babcock that great and therefore he got all those one hunnid votes for him on that adams thang.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Plus minus is a bad way too evaluate a player. I agree though that Kadri isnt really close to a selke candidate. He is a great 2nd line C who can play against tough competition, gritty, and can also generate offense.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Is this the same guy who is -41 over the past 4 seasons?

Exactly and his best season was totally this last one. He excelled into a frank j selke candidate and got 20th most votes = evidense of greatness noticed. Like the other guy said, plus minus isn't the one. Kadri plays against the best human beings in the whole world which is in kadri's hand.
Yet he still gets the votes. How bastardish and evil do they really think he is and hard to play against when they still give him the votes? Damn kadri is our evil kenivil episode 1. This is getting so real. Like he is truly terrorising on the ice like everybody he can from mcdavids to goalies and avechkins.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Too many blind passes and dumb penalties for my liking.

He had one game head-to-head vs Connor McDavid where he scores the OT winner and everything got blown way out of proportion.

Plays a good pest game at times, but let's get real here.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
John Tavares is a career -29. Terrible player.

No-one will give him a Selke.

According to Kadri, he has a GAR (Goals Above Replacement) of 8.8 -- which is an excellent value. 6.1 of that is offensive. 1.5 of that is defensive.

If any Leaf should have received even a single Selke vote, it should have been Komarov, who has a defensive GAR of 4.3.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
No-one will give him a Selke.

According to Kadri, he has a GAR (Goals Above Replacement) of 8.8 -- which is an excellent value. 6.1 of that is offensive. 1.5 of that is defensive.

If any Leaf should have received even a single Selke vote, it should have been Komarov, who has a defensive GAR of 4.3.

And so many people here at hfboards (high voltage and percentage of people) want to get rid of him (komarov) too. :biglaugh: Yeah, get rid of our key defensive like who plays against Mcdavids, Avetchkins, Crosbys and Malkins and Benns.

Some people here don't understand. Glad you do. Komarov and Kadri do the best defensive forward duo in canada.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
And so many people here at hfboards (high voltage and percentage of people) want to get rid of him (komarov) too. :biglaugh: Yeah, get rid of our key defensive like who plays against Mcdavids, Avetchkins, Crosbys and Malkins and Benns.

Some people here don't understand. Glad you do. Komarov and Kadri do the best defensive forward duo in canada.

Kadri was the team's best forward, and maybe best player. I've never wanted to get rid of him. Komarov is serviceable, but replaceable. I know you have long loved Komarov.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Nice OP. :)

if people have a memory that extends back to just last summer, Kadri on the PK as well as PP was in Babs future plans for him and could happen as early as this coming season.

Kadri has also said to Babs, that he wants to be a Selke fav and Babs said there's a lot of work to do, to make that a possibility. So let's get started.

20th overall, in a league that had 30 teams at the time is a good start.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Score over 30 goals as a shut down center and you will get a few top selke votes. Probably unwarranted but not entirely surprising. He is a unique player.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Damn he's so talented and on the only ones in the playoffs who played with tons of courage and braveheart like gibson. He treally did his thang and was all over their faces against the caps. He even dropeed Ovechkin down like a fly on that one spot. Kadri can now play the D-game like no other suckas can. The vote was a clear evidense. He was 20th on the selke trophy vote. Bergeron wins that one always, and deserfully so. But Kadri is treally on his way. Glad we got him for life. He ain't leaving never. We cannot even win games without. We would be allowing loads of goals because kadri plays against the best players like crosby, avechkin and McDavid. He even glued Mcdavid last season like a fly on dirt. Our bestest players is Kadri now. He has developed and evolved like einstein.

:popcorn:

This is super!

Nazem "Braveheart Wallace" Kadri, with a dash of Einstein for good measure.

Never disappointed in a Senor Martinez post! Always awesome and entertaining! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad