Nazem Kadri vs Sergei Shirokov

Avery4Byng*

Haha Kadri that is embarrassing. Stick to being the top prospect in the world rather than fighting u little dreamer.

mooseOAK*

Age doesn't really change the definition of a "prospect" until it's certain they cannot succeed.

Prospect; b. A candidate deemed likely to succeed

25 year old forwards that are still playing in the AHL have a a very low likelihood to succeed.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Kadri should keep his mitts on next time. You got popped by a 5'9 Euro. How sad.

Cooperalls

Oiler Fan!!!
Oct 5, 2010
i was at the game and saw the fight
suprised there is a video haha

kadri slashed shirokov and he got pissed
they went at it and shirokov just popped kadri and he got hit lip all busted up

kadri acts tough when he has the rest of the team standing in front of him
until he got beat up by a russian haha

Yeah, I was about 6 rows up from the fight. Even more important then the lame fight, was that Kadri's little tantrum on the ice nearly cost the Marlies the game. They were well in control up 4-1, the Moose scored on Kadri's ill advised penalty, added another, then ran out of time.

oem1265

Jan 8, 2009
I was expecting more than a wrestling match after reading some of the posts in the thread.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Not much of a fight, though Shirokov did land one OK shot. Always nice to see offensive prospects throw down though, I like the intensity from Kadri regardless of the outcome. As for this being "embarrassing" for Kadri, he may be around 2" taller, but he's pretty skinny at the moment, still a teenager, and it was hardly a beatdown anyways, more of a narrow victory. I wouldn't expect him to win many fights against grown men in their mid 20s, 5'10" Russian or not. Kadri has an edge to him but he's mainly a skinny, skilled player, who will hopefully pack on the muscle over the coming years.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
sad butt hurt leaf fan

it isnt racist
everyone in the world knows russian hockey players dont fight
so when you get punked by one means you got seeeerved

Although I agree your comment is not racist, I doubt as a Leaf fan he really cares, or for that matter is "butt hurt".

I am a Leaf fan and could care less. I hope kadri becomes a good goal scorer, but the kid has attitude - which I like to point. He's probably gonna get his a$$ handed to him a few times when he makes it to the NHL and it will probably be good for him (I.e. teach him to not slash people when he gets upset, lol). His job is to score, not fight. I'll care alot more if he fails to do the former.

DwightKSchrute

Feb 11, 2009
I seen Shirokov at Canucks camp and hes pretty explosive, slick hands too. Gave Kadri a good beating here too

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
LOL

Kadri with a ***** slash on someone who he thought wouldn't drop the gloves with him. Wow. Biggest ***** ever.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Kadri with the Gordie Howe hattrick. Love the haters in this thread, can't wait to see the hate when he's burning your teams in the NHL:laugh:

Good on Kadri for fighting the career AHLer, highlight of Shirokov's career right there.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Kadri with the Gordie Howe hattrick. Love the haters in this thread, can't wait to see the hate when he's burning your teams in the NHL:laugh:

Good on Kadri for fighting the career AHLer, highlight of Shirokov's career right there.
Um Shirokov has more NHL goals then Kadri...

shibbiness

Feb 7, 2010
GTA
This thread is full of fail, I really hope to god these people saying Kadri got "beat up" and just talking smack are trolling, otherwise they really need to get their head checked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->