Salary Cap: Nazem “Suspension” Kadri – Cap casualty?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What you're saying is true. But if we compare him to Brad then it's not applied equally

Going into the playoffs Brad had 6 suspensions to Kadri's 4. And 7 billion people on the planet know how dirty Brad is

Kadri got suspended for an act he committed in a game were hardly anything else was being called

Brad got a 2 minute penalty for a similar cross check to the face that dropped a player. Some how he keeps flying under the radar.

That said Kadri should learn that he plays under a different rule book and should smarten up.

Kadri has a paper trail of history, Marchand not so much. They could make the same hit and one Marchand will get 5 and a game while Kadri gets 5 games. There's nothing unfair about that, repeat offenders are under a bigger microscope for good reason.

Now we can argue Marchand should have been suspended several times already and be under the same microscope, and I'd agree. But he hasn't been suspended the same amount and we can't do anything about that.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
They really aren't. Do we have a winger problem? Nope. We have only 3 legit NHL C's though. Kadri's age is not an issue presently so you are talking about years from now. Upside, yeah maybe. I'm not sure how you know his is any higher than Kadri's

Favoring the inferior, more expensive player, in the easiest position to get, because he is younger is very HF of you but not all that NHL.

Sorry not seeing any rational reasons here to make our team worse.
But yet you want to do it anyway....

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Kadri has a paper trail of history, Marchand not so much. They could make the same hit and one Marchand will get 5 and a game while Kadri gets 5 games. There's nothing unfair about that, repeat offenders are under a bigger microscope for good reason.

Now we can argue Marchand should have been suspended several times already and be under the same microscope, and I'd agree. But he hasn't been suspended the same amount and we can't do anything about that.
Marchand has actually injured guys with his slew foots and low bridges. But Jacobs keeps saving his butt. Kronwall Stralman Niskanen Kunitz Malkin Emelin Brassard Salo Bororwicki Erhohh Leivo Sedin +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++. And he did it like crazy in junior too. Only 1 team suspended him Halifax that's it - his own hometown. Kadri is nowhere close to as bad not even remotely close. Would you tell Leafs to trade Marchand too? Marchand has 10++++++++ dirty dangerous plays that could have all ended people's careers.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
and he is hated in his hometown in Halifax. he could care less about the young kids wanting autographs. he kicks kids off the ice so he can have a clean sheet to himself. complete and total opposite of MAC and Crosby who even play sticks with the kids. tells you a lot when hockey people from Halifax all sing the same story.

Reactions: Jared Henderson

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Marchand has actually injured guys with his slew foots and low bridges. But Jacobs keeps saving his butt. Kronwall Stralman Niskanen Kunitz Malkin Emelin Brassard Salo Bororwicki Erhohh Leivo Sedin +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++. And he did it like crazy in junior too. Only 1 team suspended him Halifax that's it - his own hometown. Kadri is nowhere close to as bad not even remotely close. Would you tell Leafs to trade Marchand too? Marchand has 10++++++++ dirty dangerous plays that could have all ended people's careers.

None of that matters. The paper trail of suspensions is the only thing that matters. If Kadri and Marchand make the exact same bad play, Kadri is getting more games because of his history. He's made himself a liability.

Whether I think Marchand is dirtier or not is irrelevant, the league thinks Kadri is dirtier and they're the ones who decide how long you go away for.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What?
paper trail history that Marchand has not so much?

Clipping tripping and slewfoots aren't in the news for causing concussions, the league isn't being sued over clipping tripping and slewfoots. Kadri has a bigger reputation for headshots, he's seen as more dangerous by DOPS.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
But yet you want to do it anyway....
Yeah show me that quote?In what world does keeping the more valuable player suggest someone wants to make the team worse?

I can only think that you are somehow implying Nylander is the better player which is of course absurd.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

You know what, Marchand is the one player in the NHL that I just might break the "team first" rule for. That is to say that if the Maple Leafs had a POS like that playing for us, I would indeed want him traded and would be fine with making the team a bit worse in the process.

Yes I want to win the cup but I'm just not sure how proud I'd be to finally win with a face licker on my team.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah show me that quote?In what world does keeping the more valuable player suggest someone wants to make the team worse?

I can only think that you are somehow implying Nylander is the better player which is of course absurd.

Why don't you start a Kadri vs Nylander thread? I don't think we've had that one yet and Maple Leaf A vs Maple Leaf B threads are always productive and educational.

Reactions: kb

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Give me a break. Myself and a pile of other fans agree it’s time to move on. You need put the team ahead of the player. You have the right to you’re opinion and I will stick to mine. Sometimes an organization leads by example and that can be with player negotiations to how they want to build a team and expect from each player. Kadri puts himself before the team. It’s clear he took revenge for the knee on knee so don’t use the “he was sticking up for teammate excuse”. Also I think if he could control his temper he would be a perfect player here.
Sure stick to your opinion, your are welcome to it. Kadri puts himself ahead of the team or he tries too hard and gets carried away? Back to emotional arguments. Stop wasting my time. Saying a bunch of Leaf fans feel that way does not make it more logical.

I get that lots of you think he has burned the bridge and that's fine. When he is here in October I hope you come to terms with it.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Why don't you start a Kadri vs Nylander thread? I don't think we've had that one yet and Maple Leaf A vs Maple Leaf B threads are always productive and educational.
Not my style. A blind poll without names but with ages and contracts everyone but rebuilding teams would take Kadri.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Clipping tripping and slewfoots aren't in the news for causing concussions, the league isn't being sued over clipping tripping and slewfoots. Kadri has a bigger reputation for headshots, he's seen as more dangerous by DOPS.

Marchands suspensions include elbows to the head, cross check heads, low bridge hit causing players to fall on their head. Even the slewfoots were dangerous enough to cause harm. Several of them were concussed.

That's the paper trail i see.

That all does not include the dangerous crap he does and doesn't get called on. Much of his dirty tricks are not even retaliatory or provoked. The guy is self motivated.

Google it and tell me how that's better than Kadri's.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Nylander is the better player going forward. So why trade him over the older, declining player?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Nylander is the better player going forward. So why trade him over the older, declining player?
Better at what? Getting points from Matthews? I think you will find that position difficult to prove since there is nothing to support it.

Easier position and better line mates and he matches Kadri's production. I see your point, it's not very good.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Eh? Marchand has been suspended 6 times and Kadri 5.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Eh? Marchand has been suspended 6 times and Kadri 5.

Not for headshots though. Low bridges and slewfoots don't put you under the microscope, the league has no choice but to be harsh on headshots with all the public attention on them right now. Repeat headshots will get you into 10+ game suspension territory, slewfoots and elbows won't. All of Kadri's suspensions have been headshots, he has no benefit of the doubt anymore.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

It's actually totally unfair because Marchand has done far more dirty shit and far more serious dirty shit than Kadri. In this playoffs alone Marchand put our player out for 6 months and the player Kadri got 5 playoff games over was back the very next game.

Just because the league is too stupid to see this doesn't make it fair.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's actually totally unfair because Marchand has done far more dirty **** and far more serious dirty **** than Kadri. In this playoffs alone Marchand put our player out for 6 months and the player Kadri got 5 playoff games over was back the very next game.

Fair doesn't matter, track record does. Marchand had more rope to play with, it's not fair but it is true.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
It's actually totally unfair because Marchand has done far more dirty **** and far more serious dirty **** than Kadri. In this playoffs alone Marchand put our player out for 6 months and the player Kadri got 5 playoff games over was back the very next game.

Marchand plays every game like a dirty shit disturber, Naz snaps every once in a while with a suspendable major penalty.

Reactions: HR Pickens

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Fair doesn't matter, track record does. Marchand had more rope to play with, it's not fair but it is true.

Agreed but I was responding to the comment that there's nothing unfair about Kadri getting worse punishment than Marchand. Based on the suspensions Kadri has (earned), Marchand should be banned from the league.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Not for headshots though. Low bridges and slewfoots don't put you under the microscope, the league has no choice but to be harsh on headshots with all the public attention on them right now. Repeat headshots will get you into 10+ game suspension territory, slewfoots and elbows won't. All of Kadri's suspensions have been headshots, he has no benefit of the doubt anymore.

Players got concussions from Brads elbows and headshots. But you can keep the blinders on and keep on defending the dirtiest player in the league.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Marchands suspensions include elbows to the head, cross check heads, low bridge hit causing players to fall on their head. Even the slewfoots were dangerous enough to cause harm. Several of them were concussed.

That's the paper trail i see.

That all does not include the dangerous crap he does and doesn't get called on. Much of his dirty tricks are not even retaliatory or provoked. The guy is self motivated.

Google it and tell me how that's better than Kadri's.
Marchand has caused 3 known concussions. Kadri has ZERO. Marchand has Jacobs. Kadri has nothing. This is the TRUTH. You can all go make up whatever paper trails you want. Fact is Marchand is the better player and the NHL has 2 standards. One for stars and one for everyone else. Even when the stars are well known total d*cks both on and off the ice.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I have a gift for you leaf fans. I hope you enjoy, if any of you have a twatter account, please tweet this at Kadri's account.

Marchand tears.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad