OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Spring-Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
A couple years ago they had TWO solid closers, now they have none? This guy Hand has no business pitching in the 9th ever again.

Hudson is as good as ever. They and he prefer an 8th inning set up role for him. I think that is going to have to change. That and playing Bell consistently over Zimmerman

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Yankess with a covid outbreak coaches and players are getting it for a 2nd time and after the vaccine.
Maybe Kuz and Sammy got that nasty NYC covid

Sep 19, 2008
Also the most important thing is that Brooks probably saved his job.

If you doubt me look at where they were before trading and how hot they got.

Why would you fire him? They messed up not tanking.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Also the most important thing is that Brooks probably saved his job.

If you doubt me look at where they were before trading and how hot they got.

Why would you fire him? They messed up not tanking.
From what I’ve heard Westbrook and Beal love him so he is probably coming back regardless.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I might have asked this but just how many times better is Westbrook then Wall. I feel that my homer glasses when it comes to the Wall era way over estimated the player he actually was.
From a skill standpoint point they are pretty close but durability makes Westbrook miles better than Wall.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Generally speaking I stay out of this thread because I don't know or care about any of it, but...
Historic NJCAA title run ends for beloved golfer

Too bad….amazing girl.

The link in there of her playing and parring the par 3 at the Waste Management in 2019 is worth a watch.
It's so impossibly hard to take seriously any sporting event named after waste management, but this kid seems legit.

This quote should be a fireable offense.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
maybe some skills….not sure Wall deserves to be in the same conversation as Russ career-wise….
He certainly doesn’t. Wall. He’s nowhere near the player Westbrook is. Nowhere near. Never has been either. Westbrook is that good. AND we are seeing RW on the backslide of his career. Not the apex. Think about that for a minute.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So things broke well for the Wizards today. Both Indiana and Charlotte lost. So now all 3 teams are tied at 33-38. One game left.

Washington holds the tie breaker vs the Pacers, so technically they are 9th ATM.

However, the Wiz host the Hornets tomorrow afternoon, with the winner getting the 8th seed. (Although If the Pacers win and Charlotte wins, I don’t know who gets the 8th).

but in a nutshell, if the Wiz can win at home tomorrow vs Hornets, they get 8th regardless, and would travel to Boston for winner takes 7h seed game. And the right to play Brooklyn (I think).

so...playoffs start now for DC. Like, right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad