OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He did seem a little off when interviewed on Sunday. Given what we saw concerning painkillers in the doc my bet is he’s having an issue with them again.
The police chief said there was no indication of impairment, at least so far. Latest is compound leg fracture and shattered ankle per ESPN. :(

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Report is multiple "comminuted open fractures" of the right tibia and fibula with rod insertion into the tibia. Plus pins and screws to knit the broken foot/ankle area back together.

Basically crushed bones in several places and the skin broken through. They had to cut fascia to release pressure on the soft tissue.

I'm guessing this takes a year to heal based on what I've read. Seems like an Alex Smith situation, possibly worse.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I haven't been following the Tiger story that closely, but I heard that there were no brake skids on the road?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I haven't been following the Tiger story that closely, but I heard that there were no brake skids on the road?

That's what they say, and couldn't see any from the aerial shots. No indication of impairment. Possibly distracted driving, dropped something, or got his foot caught under a pedal and lost control in an unfamiliar vehicle. Crazy shit like that happens, and this was the first SUV for this manufacturer.

Probably won't know what happened until the insurance people and cops finish up. Would be shocked if Tiger's camp releases a statement about the cause before then.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like he left pissed, was speeding, lost it. Could happen to any of us. Sucks he wasn’t a little more protected in that SUV. Might be the end of that model quickly.

get well Tiger, Golf and the sports world in general is a better place when you are healthy and playing well.

still have a couple more majors and a lucrative Sr Tour career to play through. Get well!

Reactions: Ridley Simon

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Sounds like he left pissed, was speeding, lost it. Could happen to any of us. Sucks he wasn’t a little more protected in that SUV. Might be the end of that model quickly.

get well Tiger, Golf and the sports world in general is a better place when you are healthy and playing well.

still have a couple more majors and a lucrative Sr Tour career to play through. Get well!

What lol. I thought if that SUV was any less protected, Tiger probably would have been dead lol.

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
What lol. I thought that if that SUV was any less protected, Tiger probably should have been dead lol.

Yeah, this. Look at the image. The passenger area was almost entirely intact, despite it being a rollover at higher speed (no braking apparent). It almost appears as if of rolled end over end, not side over side. Front end took the brunt of it. Tiger is lucky he's not dead.

imrs.php

Reactions: g00n

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Might have to stay up for this... Beating the Jazz would be a nice win

Still cant believe Russ isnt a allstar LOL

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That was a fun game to watch last night. They're starting like an actual team and not a collection of players watching Westbrook dribble around a lot and then chuck up a low percentage shot before getting sliced through collectively on defense. Now 2.5 games out of 8 and 3 games out of 4th. They have themselves a chance to have a real season.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ok so Twitter confirmed what I thought I saw watching the end of the game last night on my phone: the Nuggets completely f***ed up an incredibly easy opportunity to get to OT. They had what looked like a 4-on-1 and somehow all four guys stopped at the 3-point line. I have never seen anything like this in my life. How did not one single guy go to the rim for an easy layup/dunk to get it to OT?! Insane, and for once it's not the Wiz who completely face planted on the last possession!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Ok so Twitter confirmed what I thought I saw watching the end of the game last night on my phone: the Nuggets completely f***ed up an incredibly easy opportunity to get to OT. They had what looked like a 4-on-1 and somehow all four guys stopped at the 3-point line. I have never seen anything like this in my life. How did not one single guy go to the rim for an easy layup/dunk to get it to OT?! Insane, and for once it's not the Wiz who completely face planted on the last possession!

It just goes to how the “take a 3” mindset is overboard now.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Total head scratcher, in fact I had to do a double take on the scoreboard, because I thought maybe they were down 3 and I missed it.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad