OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I assume you hadn’t been paying attention to the season Indiana is having?

They beat Penn St., Michigan, and Michigan St. and played Ohio St. tough at the horseshoe only losing by 7.
It’s cool to see Indians doing well but they have an impressive resume in name only, really. Penn St, Michigan, and Michigan St are straight trash.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It blows my mind that Derrick Henry was a 2nd round pick.

he was a slow percolating player too after drafting.

he’s the least enamouring top RB I’ve seen since I can’t remember when....

it’s like watching a LB with great feet run the ball. Not very appealing for me, but props where they are due... He is a monster.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It blows my mind that Derrick Henry was a 2nd round pick.
If you really want your mind blown — look at his first 2 yrs in the league. Not....good.

His 3rd year wasn’t any great shakes either. First 12 games was like 500 yards. Then the last 4 was close to 600 yards....and off he went.

What clicked in game 13 of 2018 vs Jacksonville??

who knows? But here we are.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
If you really want your mind blown — look at his first 2 yrs in the league. Not....good.

His 3rd year wasn’t any great shakes either. First 12 games was like 500 yards. Then the last 4 was close to 600 yards....and off he went.

What clicked in game 13 of 2018 vs Jacksonville??

who knows? But here we are.

He shared the RB spot with DeMarco Murray his first 2 years. Not sure something clicked, he was a beast at every level of football he has played.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Westbrook and Wall have the same contract so unless the Wiz send a bunch with Wall to Houston I’m good with this trade.

Edit: Wall and a first I’m cool with.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Not a fan of Westbrook. I dont think it's going to work with Beal either. Westbrook and Beal in the backcourt together?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Wall is damaged goods. Westbrook was a stud as recently as the season before last.

if Westbrook comes on and does his “thing” (Mr Triple Double” they will get that 1st back and then some.

this works. I stated earlier I didn’t want to lose a 1st— but one is ok. Not sure when it is or what it’s about, but the “untradeable” got traded

Sep 19, 2008
why bother with this deal

on the one hand they got a sucker to pick up Wall's ginormous contract

On the other hand they were never competing for titles anyway. Who knows if this is even a playoff team. And if it is they'd just get beat by the Bucs, Nets, Celtics because the NBA has no parity.

This trade doesn't really do much.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It clears the way for them to continue reshape their identity. No Westbrook and Beal aren’t winning titles, but they can be a playoff team and that’s something.

Sep 19, 2008

This isn't like Dwayne asking for Joe Theissman's #

This is Gilbert. You know, ol' Guns Gilbert :laugh:

Just take the number. Why do you need his permission?

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup
Sep 19, 2008
It clears the way for them to continue reshape their identity. No Westbrook and Beal aren’t winning titles, but they can be a playoff team and that’s something.
I've always been very skeptical of the Wizards and I don't see any reason to bandwagon on this team now. I don't know if they're even playoff worthy and even if they are they would just get smacked by the higher seed. Kind of like Orlando and the Bucks lol

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I just want to know what the 1st is all about.

F Wall. He will be hurt again soon, and he’s never been the player Westbrook is.

had the Wiz made this trade even a scant year ago, they’d have absolutely fleeced someone.

What’s changed all that much from a year ago? Have people looked at Westbrook’s numbers in 18-19 season? I mean, honestly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad