OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Every time I see Suero pitch, it's the same thing - he starts off getting ahead of a hitter with what looks like great, unhittable stuff, fails to get a call on a pitch that's a borderline strike, and then falls to pieces.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The bring a starter for middle relief strategy really bit the Nats in the ass last night. Holding out hope they can win tonight. But even if they do, and they go on to win this series, they can't keep bringing in starters for middle relief. At some point 1 or all 3 starters will be out of gas.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
The bring a starter for middle relief strategy really bit the Nats in the ass last night...
But were critical in the WC game and game 2, I have no problem with it (and Corbin was 1 strike away from avoiding that epic collapse)

Nats are a flawed team with that bullpen, everyone knows it;
they basically need at least a 5 run lead going into the late innings to have a chance to go far which their bats haven't provided yet

On paper, they lose the series obviously, but that's why you play the games[/cliche]; tonight Scherzer and the offense may crush it, we'll see

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Corbin was our only chance to get 2+ innings. Just sucks I have no hope for tonight.

Maybe they pull a Caps and win when I finally give up hope

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Feels like Max is pitching to conserve his pitch count so,he can go late into the game, and the Dodgers know it so they don't have to worry about chasing balls out of the zone

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
The Nats can’t even sell out elimination games with Scherzer on the mound.

Pitiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad