OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
So I guess Corbin gets game 1 vs the dodgers who have a crazy lefty lineup

He did pitch Saturday I believe so that would put him on regular rest to go Thursday.

The question is who gets game 2? Strasburg only threw 34 pitches to get through 3 innings last night so does that mean he goes on 3 days rest or do you leave him until Sunday at home on regular rest and go with Sanchez on Friday? I think I make the decision after game 1. If they win Sanchez gets game 2 and if they lose game 1 then Strasburg gets game 2.

Reactions: Bananas
Sep 19, 2008
Pretty raucous atmosphere at the game last night. I'll always remember sitting in the dark of Nats Park near shake shack watching the game on the big TV when Soto got that hit.

Reactions: Marshall

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Happy for you guys. What a blunder in the outfield for the comeback. That dude is sick today.

Had all the wrong stuff on his mind. He took the wrong angle to the ball because he thought he could throw the tying run out at home. The ball kicked back toward center on its one hop and he was hosed. It was great.

The best part of that whole thing was Soto celebrating while in the rundown

Last edited:
Reactions: zappa4ever

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
ok...so, is Juan Soto better than Bryce Harper??
Too soon to tell - but amazing that at age 20 Soto has a year where he's comparable to Harper in HR, RBI, has a higher batting average, lower number of strikeouts, and less drama
I also think if Bryce Harper is hitting in the #3 spot in the 8th inning last night, he doesn't have the discipline and patience to work the walk that Rendon worked. He goes up hacking and maybe Soto never gets the chance he got thanks to Rendon's restraint.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
To beat the dodgers we have to go 3 man rotation
Corbin
Stras
Max
Corbin
Stras

And Max in the pen for last 2 games

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
To beat the dodgers we have to go 3 man rotation
Corbin
Stras
Max
Corbin
Stras

And Max in the pen for last 2 games

I wouldnt say that. Sanchez has been money since he came off the IL months ago. He's been pitching better than Max. Since May 29 he is 11-2. He has given up more than 3 earned runs 4 times in that period.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I wouldnt say that. Sanchez has been money since he came off the IL months ago. He's been pitching better than Max. Since May 29 he is 11-2. He has given up more than 3 earned runs 4 times in that period.
I 100% agree with you. It will be Sanchez in game 2. He’s been pitching well and I trust him over a fatigued Strasburg.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I 100% agree with you. It will be Sanchez in game 2. He’s been pitching well and I trust him over a fatigued Strasburg.

Well, no. Probably not. Last night was Strasburg's scheduled bull pen work out day. I doubt that he is fatigued at all.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'll be surprised if it isn't the Nats needing to hold on, but we'll see. Braves-Nats is the matchup I'm pulling for.

Jim Thome picked the Nats to win the WS yesterday. There was an analytics breakdown that I saw on MLB yesterday that had the Nats losing to the Astros in the WS. The Dodgers main advantage is their starting pitching and against the Nats its a wash at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->