OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-2020, Vol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Donovan Mitchell tested positive for Corona. Gobert has to feel like the biggest asshole alive right now.

All power 5 NCAA Conference tourneys canceled

NBA and MLS postponed

NFL telling scouts and team staff to come home

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Terps weren’t good enough to win it all. But they couldve made the elite 8 with an outside change at the Final Four. It is depressing for everyone. That said, it’s just Sports

I will never think any team who is ranked as a 5/6 seed or higher is not good enough to win it after watching Kemba drag UConn to a title in 2010-11. They had to win 11 straight elimination games to get their title -- 5 in the Big East Tournament just to get in and 6 in national tournament. Probably my favorite basketball postseason ever as I grew up a huge UConn basketball fan as living in Connecticut at the time your only options for regular local sports were the Whalers and the men's and women's basketball teams in UConn.

I think Maryland could have won. They had two legitimate All American candidates and won college basketball's hardest conference. Sure, they weren't the favorites but they would have been a 3 or 4-seed in the dance and had the star power to make a deep run. Depth and coaching would have been issues but who knows. What I do know is that this whole thing stinks.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I will never think any team who is ranked as a 5/6 seed or higher is not good enough to win it after watching Kemba drag UConn to a title in 2010-11. They had to win 11 straight elimination games to get their title -- 5 in the Big East Tournament just to get in and 6 in national tournament. Probably my favorite basketball postseason ever as I grew up a huge UConn basketball fan as living in Connecticut at the time your only options for regular local sports were the Whalers and the men's and women's basketball teams in UConn.

I think Maryland could have won. They had two legitimate All American candidates and won college basketball's hardest conference. Sure, they weren't the favorites but they would have been a 3 or 4-seed in the dance and had the star power to make a deep run. Depth and coaching would have been issues but who knows. What I do know is that this whole thing stinks.
Well, anything is possible. But Turgeon has never been (as in Not Ever) a big game coach.

and to your point, they are really a 6 deep team. Greet 6. But still only 6.

I love the Terps. But even a final 4 run would’ve been a tall order.

and to your other point — really sucks we will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad